• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

72 Challenger 383 for sale for a friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramenth

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How 'bout if you write up an ad with pics for the site.

Take a look at the rules: no craigslist ads.

Livetodrive

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey,

Did'nt mean to offend. There is a backstory to this is as follows. I sold the car to this gentleman a while back. I built it for my wife to match my 73. Its a 72 Challenger, 383 auto, plum crazy. He e-mailed me back that he is in a bit of a "situation" and needs to sell fast. It started at 18.5k and he has been dropping fast. Currently 15.5K. I only have one pic of the car as it looked at Moparfest last year. Its the one with the ralley rims Moparfest.jpg If its an issue you can delete the post, just trying to help him out. Sorry again for the trouble.

Moparfest.jpg

ramenth

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for putting up a little history and a backstory for the car, as well as a pic.

There's no offense given, so there can be no offense taken.

The issue is where folks haven't been reading the rules and continue to ignore them. I like to come on to the site and see what's going on, like in the build threads, etc. Gets real tiresome having to edit posts and remind guys that there are rules in place.

The issue with craigslist style ads is that folks are using the site, well, as like craigslist. It does the folks who are committed to the site in helping out other members with advice, tech, and how-to's an injustice, in that they are here everyday and the craigslist ads are drive-by's: people who put up a link or a just drive-by with a crappy pic and leave a phone number, expecting the calls to come in. I don't mind a link in the ad, especially if it's up for sale local, in that it helps the members and guests who may be in the market from half the world away know that's it's being advertised elsewhere, but there has to be something just for the site, too, to make more personal for the members here who may be interested in it.

Joey's helping us all help each other and he offers the space for free. Which is an advantage to each other. We can post for sale/wanted ads and he doesn't make a penny. Just hate to see some folks feel like they can take advantage of that. By that I mean, placing pics on the site helps with site traffic, which does help Joey out.

If it seems like I'm singling people out, I'm not. What I'm doing is trying to make people aware of the rules by singling out the posts, not the people who make them.

Livetodrive

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Robert,

I only wish I had your patience! Its the time you guys put into the site that makes the site a valuable resource! This scenario is kinda nasty as the guy recently came to Canada from the UK, started a business and bought his dream. The economy kinda whipped the rug out from under him and I was hoping someone could help him out of a jam? If you are going to Carlysle this weekend, look out for the "other" Challenger in the pic with Ontario plates, gladly buy you a beer.

Last edited:

ramenth

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Robert,

I only wish I had your patience! Its the time you guys put into the site that makes the site a valuable resource! This scenario is kinda nasty as the guy recently came to Canada from the UK, started a business and bought his dream. The economy kinda whipped the rug out from under him and I was hoping someone could help him out of a jam? If you are going to Carlysle this weekend, look out for the "other" Challenger in the pic with Ontario plates, gladly buy you a beer.

Thanks for the offer, bud, but, unfortunately, I'm sitting this year out. Too much to do around the house and still looking for a job to make ends meet.

Tell you what, though, if you ever have a chance to swing into Watkins Glen, NY, let me know and I'll throw something on the grille.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back