• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

72 Cuda dragcar

dragfish

Reaction score
Here's a couple of pics of my friend Chris dragcar.72 Cuda with a CM chassis.Should easily cert. to 8.50.He has a 800 + motor for it built by Compu-Flow.Car chassis was done here in OH. by Chad Cox.Went to TX.Thought I would post a few pics.

Mark 470.jpg

Mark 465.jpg

Mark 469.jpg

Mark 474.jpg

Mark 471.jpg

dragfish

Reaction score
motor is a 499 ci with 325 Indy EZ cnc'ed heads.Has Comp .660 roller Indy dominator intake topped with 1150 Dominator.Tranny is a TranzAct built with pro brake and a Continental 4500 stall converter.Rearend is 8 3/4 with 4.88 gears liteweight spool.Has 4 link with wishbone and anti-roll control.TTI headers.Car will be painted orange.plans are for low 9's.Chris said he might try a 250 shot of nitrous to go into 8's.Wilwood brakes on all 4 corners.Won't be ready till maybe fall or for next season.A long way to go.He has another 70 Cuda I sold him about 3 yrs ago that he runs.

dragfish

Reaction score
Yeah he's all excited about it.Here's a pic of the Cuda I sold him.It runs mid 10's 451 ci iron headed motor with small roller and an 850 Demon carb. has 4.56 in a 8 3/4.Leaves at 3000 with a trans brake.2nd pic is his son who race's a bike.It's in TX now.

02-31.jpg

dragway1.jpg

Mr.Mopar

Reaction score
The Owner

Hello all;

First I would like to thank Mark for helping me in my absence get this car to what it is today. Second, I want to Thank Mr. Chad Cox, the Chassis Builder ( Ohio ). He does awesome work. Take a look at the car, it speaks for it self. A bad a$$ Custom roll cage back half. He completed the job in less than 5 weeks from tear down to reassemble with little to no help. My appreciation couldn’t be more gratifying, Thanks for an Awesome job Chad.

Now it’s my turn to complete the body, front suspension, brakes and drop in the drive train and get at gunning down that opposition. The body will look nothing like what you see now. Use your imagination when you look at the next pic. the paint will look something like this except the hood scoop will be raised 6/8 inch's. If you see me at a track near you, say hey, were all friendly people

Chris
Central Tx.

AAR_Cuda.jpg

dragfish

Reaction score
It's in my blood drag racing.I would race a turd if I could put wheels on it.LOL! Had the bug for over 30 yrs.Right now I'm working on a 70 Dart dragcar and hope to be running by June.Also Have to get my son's 67 Belvedere 2 restoration started.So I'm busy.My youngest son has a 97 Cobra Mustang.

dragfish

Reaction score
Nice combo you got there cuda dave.low 7's in 1/8 very respectable for a street car.What's all in your motor? I have a couple of more 360's I want to play with.My street car is a 74 with a 360 Mopar crate short block and Magnum heads.340 resto cam and TTi's and 3.55's and a 727 MVB.Runs in the 13.5's on street tires when I can hook up.Car has more in it.Just a street cruiser and an occasional car show.

cudadave72

Reaction score
Thanks! Its really nothing special. Its an Eagle stroker kit, around a 550 lift solid roller cam (sorry cant remember specs) Ederbrock Performer heads completely hogged out, ported Victor 340 intake, Demon 750 carb, MSD ignition, TTI step tube headers, 3 inch X pipe and exhaust. 727 trans with 4k stall, reverse vb, tranbrake. 8 3/4 with 3:73s. I havent tried the transbrake due to the fact I afraid I'll destroy the 8 3/4 rear. 7.26 @ 94.7 mph was the exact time on 10.5 slicks a few years ago. Since then I've totally redone the exhaust (the TTI set up) and am adding Cal-trac bars and frame connectors. The last outting was last summer just as it sits on M/T drag radials and in 90+ degree weather clicked off a string of 7.40s. My goal is high 6s and with a little spray maybe 6.60s or 6.70s. Just enough to put her in the 10s in the quarter.

Last edited:

Mr.Mopar

Reaction score
updated pics. plugging right along. should be finished by feb 2010

GetAttachment.aspx

2009-10-03 14.59.59.jpg
GetAttachment.aspx

2009-10-03 14.59.42.jpg

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
Nice Cuda. To cert at 8.50 I believe the doors are going to need to be X braced.
I am getting ready to cage my Challenger right now with a 25.5 (7.50) cert cage. Going to build an all alum Keith Black HEMI twin turbo for local Fri night heads up Drag Radial racing & Sat No ET 10.5 grudge match racing.

Mr.Mopar

Reaction score
roll cage requirements

To answer your comment on the roll cage requirements, read below. thanks for checking out the old hotrod. I have attached a few updated pics . its coming alng slowly.

9.99 1/4-mile (6.39 1/8-mile)/ 135 mph or quicker:

-Roll cage is required on all vehicles at 9.99 and quicker or any vehicle running 135 mph or faster (regardless of e.t.). The roll cage must be constructed of a minimum o.d. mild steel or chrome moly tubing (moly can be a smaller o.d and is lighter but more expensive), see diagram below for specs. Roll cage must be padded anywhere the driver's helmet may contact it while in the driving position, see diagram below for specs. Roll cage must also be certified by NHRA every 3 years and have a serialized sticker affixed prior to participation. This style of cage is good til 8.50 1/4-mile times, then a funny car style cage is required.

See diagram below.

Roll Cage Diagram (good to 8.50 1/4-mile elapsed times):
rollcage.gif

P9110005.jpg

P1140005.jpg

P1010010 - Copy.jpg

P1010011.jpg

P1140007.jpg

Back