• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

72 Rallye Hood Inserts

Logger10

Reaction score
Hello folks,

I'm back cause I finally have some progress, here are some pics and part of my problem. Trying to get the hood inserts back in. The blanking plate went in fine on the left side, the right side not. The plates are identical, should there be a left and right side? Thank you for your help.

Mike

IMG_3514 2.jpeg

IMG_3515.jpeg

IMG_3516.jpeg

IMG_3517.jpeg

pschlosser

Reaction score
it seems possible the paint has added a few thousands to the opening. If you force the plate in there, consider protecting the paint with some masking tape. If you can't make that work, you may need to shave the top of the plate down to create more clearance. I suggest top, because any marks left on the plate will be harder to see at top, compared to the bottom edge of the plate.

Logger10

Reaction score
Thank you for the quick response, I thought about the paint but the difference is too much and the screw holes aren't even close. That is why I was wondering if there is a left and a right? Possibly they sent me two the same?

pschlosser

Reaction score
Just from your images, it looks as if the curves on the left and right sides of ONE part look different. I'm guessing there will be a right and left plate.

If they sent you two plates for the same side, does the other fit if you flip it backwards?

Can you get either plate to fit into the... left? side scoop, regardless if its flipped or not?

Possibly they sent me two the same?

Who's they? I presumed these were OEM, factory original plates, that YOU removed from the scoops prior to paint. Is this not the case? Are these repops? They sure are shiny.

Logger10

Reaction score
Just from your images, it looks as if the curves on the left and right sides of ONE part look different. I'm guessing there will be a right and left plate.

If they sent you two plates for the same side, does the other fit if you flip it backwards?

Can you get either plate to fit into the... left? side scoop, regardless if its flipped or not?

Who's they? I presumed these were OEM, factory original plates, that YOU removed from the scoops prior to paint. Is this not the case? Are these repops? They sure are shiny.
These plates are repros from National Moparts, I have tried them every way. Apparently another member on this forum says there is a right and left plate. This is my problem as they are identical. Thank you, I'll get back to National.

Logger10

Reaction score
Another question please guys, with regards to the blanking plates in the hood scoops. Why are they actually there? They have come in stainless I think, and installed would probably looked better painted black. Further, if installed do they just not restrict the airflow?

Xcudame

Reaction score
The plates do fill most of the hole. There's no air flow other than maybe hot air from the engine compartment coming out anyway! They're too close to the hood to get out of the laminar airflow over the hood. No ram air effect. Plymouth didn't even cut openings in the Barracuda rallye hoods!

Back