• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

72 wiring diagram questions

Crossram413

Reaction score
So I'm trying to ferret out a parasitic drain on my battery. When I remove the "hazard/stop" fuse the multi meter shows that is the problem circuit. My questions are around the wiring diagram.
I have the wiring diagrams for the 72 and the 73 because there was a lot of talk about the 72 diag not being accurate for all 72's. It looks to me like the 73 diagram is more like my car even though it is a Nov. 71 build. My guess is either the hazard switch or the stop light switch is the culprit.
Thoughts??

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
I would try the simplest thing first.unplug the brake switch see if you still have the parasitic drain. more thoughts I have to look at diagram.

72RoadRunnerGTX

Reaction score
Have you measured this draw? Just how much current are you dealing with? Switches typically won’t be the source of small draws. What is inaccurate about the ’72 FSM wiring diagrams? I’ve used them for many years, other than a couple of typos, never found anything fundamentally wrong with them. I would start by unplugging the rear body harness from the dash harness to eliminate the dome and/or trunk lamps, or remove the bulbs.

Last edited:
Back