• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1971 Challenger 340 AC / Blower Motor Wiring

Mighty Wez

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am in need of some help form the experts! First time asking a question on the forum so hoping you can help.

I have a 71 Challenger, built with 340 and factory air. I trying to piece back the wiring and function of the blower motor and AC after previous owner tore out the AC components and some wiring. I cannot determine where the dark green wire from the blower motor in the engine compartment goes? Same for the dark blue wire from the evap switch. I have the factory 1971 Plymouth wiring diagrams and in the main wiring diagram it shows just these two wires going through the firewall with a grommet. I can not find this hole in any pictures / posts (or on my car). In the manual's AC section it shows these two wires hooking the the bulkhead connector in slots 3 & 4. But on the interior side of the bulkhead connector of my car I have no wires going to these two slots.

So, the questions is, do these wires go to the bulkhead connector or through the firewall with a grommet? Does anyone have this set up that they could post a few pics?

Thx for the help. Jerry

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
1711151593099.jpeg

Firewall holes

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
AC wiring
1711152312402.jpeg

Bottom diagram. Middle top. Check your connection. Very sometimes from year to year and model. Or depending when built. Pretty much the same.
1711153903798.png
1711154733512.png
1711152501934.jpeg

Last edited:

Mighty Wez

Reaction score
Excellent and thanks for all the info. My firewall is identical to the pics provided and with the same exact holes. Looks like the two wires do connect to #3 and #4 on the bulkhead connector. I guess I was double guessing it because on the interior side of the bulkhead connector I don't have any wires going to #3 and #4. Guess someone went to town under the dash as well. Typically people don't mess with things under there like they do under the hood.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Katfish

Reaction score
The AC portion of the harness inside the car is a separate piece. I replaced my main harness, had to buy the extra AC harness and plug that into the bulkhead.

Back