• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

73 barracuda restomod project from France 🇫🇷

simoN-

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I just started to restore my 73’ cuda in my basement, there in France. So please tell me if my English is not correct 😬

First, my car looked really good but my engine was extremely bad assembly and too many parts were not match together for power

Brakes vacuum pump was sometime lazy 😱
Due to an old wiring harness. My car was too scary

I had the opportunity to buy a TKO600 full conversion kit for e body for a good price, then in France ! (Car was in 727 before)
So I needed to cut the floor to fit the new 5 speed trans (and change carpet / add new center consol and shift…)

My project is :

440 - 500 stroker / stealth CNC heads / sniper efi / 3” full exhaust / big cold air radiator

TKO600

QA1 coil over conversion (front and rear) $$

Master cylinder wilwood with hydroboost
14’ front wilwood brake with 6 pistons
12,19” rear / 4 pistons

18 wheels U111 Mag Wheels

Dakota digital km/h conversion (standard / no rally)

New wiring harness from me

New insulation/carpet/dash pad/seat foam

Paint is good, just need a polish job at the end and paint the new rear valance with exhaust hole and fake little scoop on the hood (I don’t like the black on it)

I already begun to work on it and you can follow some story on my instagram page : cuda_500

Thank you for support, MERCI

9FDEE06B-2BE5-457A-AC4C-3D200B5CB243.jpeg

828C9797-D32A-4A1E-9152-C294AC1DFA80.jpeg

6E6EC30C-A603-43CF-B813-9BF7058DE6B4.jpeg

7ACF2436-E8EC-4547-A550-C37C3CFA618E.jpeg

0770EF47-D1F2-4269-A9E3-0FC7CB001230.jpeg

9D2D868F-2596-4B8E-800F-C7E1F37F19CF.jpeg

6FA525F6-3DB4-4B2B-946D-C646E73088A7.jpeg

718EB276-F32E-4677-80B2-F08E1B200CAC.jpeg

2B62B727-A404-40AE-AC7D-AEEE84011F18.jpeg

CEF003A2-1526-4F86-B348-9A74AD8931C9.jpeg

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
I'm the pot calling the kettle black!
"I just started to restore my 73’ cuda in my basement, there in France. So please tell me if my English is not correct." It should read: I just started to restore my 73’ cuda in my basement, here in France. So please tell me if my English is not correct. There if you are somewhere else.Here if you are there. Does that make any sense? Là si vous êtes ailleurs. Ici si vous y êtes. Cela a-t-il un sens? I think you have the correct English spin on the restoration. How does the picture below translate to French.“She has a certain je ne sais quoi about her” Welcome to FEBO!
welcome to febo - Copy.jpeg

Last edited:

fasjac

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Arkansas Simon!
Looks like a very cool fish project! Like what you’re doing. 👍🏻
Keep sharing the pics

fish stink

Reaction score
"I just started to restore my 73’ cuda in my basement, there in France. So please tell me if my English is not correct." It should read: I just started to restore my 73’ cuda in my basement, here in France. So please tell me if my English is not correct. There if you are somewhere else.Here if you are there. Does that make any sense? Là si vous êtes ailleurs. Ici si vous y êtes. Cela a-t-il un sens? I think you have the correct English spin on the restoration. How does the picture below translate to French.“She has a certain je ne sais quoi about her” Welcome to FEBO!View attachment 99752
Hi there . I am from Quebec but live in B.C. now and speak french very well. Your expression translates to me like this. She has something but i am not sure what about her.

WDO72

Reaction score
Welcome from Northern California! Nice car and project. It looks like you've put a lot of hard work into it. Looking forward to seeing the end result. Best of luck with the project.

simoN-

Reaction score
"I just started to restore my 73’ cuda in my basement, there in France. So please tell me if my English is not correct." It should read: I just started to restore my 73’ cuda in my basement, here in France. So please tell me if my English is not correct. There if you are somewhere else.Here if you are there. Does that make any sense? Là si vous êtes ailleurs. Ici si vous y êtes. Cela a-t-il un sens? I think you have the correct English spin on the restoration. How does the picture below translate to French.“She has a certain je ne sais quoi about her” Welcome to FEBO!View attachment 99752
Th

Thanks for the explanation but tou forgot the real question : to be or not to be ! 😅
However if you want to come here with a six pack, I’ll be there !

Thank you !

Mike73Dodge

Reaction score
Welcome to the Site. Looks like your doing a great job. Good idea to change the front suspension. You might need a better turning radius for all those small streets in town. I lived near Toulouse for a few years and rented a Citron C5 once. Terrible turning radius. Lets see some pics of the car at the Millau Bridge or maybe in front of the Narbonne Gate at Carcassonne. Good luck and don't worry about your English, it's fine

Back