• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

74 Cuda Trunk Divider Install

chickwitha_Cuda

Reaction score
Stupid simple question:: How do I put the damn thing in?

I bought a new trunk divider for my '74. A simple look/finagle shows me it doesn't just slide in from the trunk. Do I have to pull out the rear seat to slide it in that way? Does the lower have of the rear seat have to be removed first? Can I just remove the speaker panel and and slide it in? What are my options here?

Huge thank you in advance for answering my novice-level question!

EXX7074TD01_2000__49301.1576122231.jpg

Reaction score
Yes, you have to pull the rear seat bottom out first, then you will find 2 screws that hold the top half of the rear seat in place
( if they were put back in by the previous owner) at the lower edge of the seat. With the screws removed lift the seat back up to remove it. The divider slotted holes sit on the seat back hooks near the top edge.

chickwitha_Cuda

Reaction score
Yes, you have to pull the rear seat bottom out first, then you will find 2 screws that hold the top half of the rear seat in place
( if they were put back in by the previous owner) at the lower edge of the seat. With the screws removed lift the seat back up to remove it. The divider slotted holes sit on the seat back hooks near the top edge.
Perfect! That's what i needed to know!

moparlee

Reaction score
Just to add to what was said, to remove the bottom seat cushion push it toward the back to release it from two hooks on the floor pan.

Back