• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

A66 Challenger

aussiemark

Reaction score
For a 440 I've got a pair of Mopar Performance aluminium cylinder heads, a aluminium water pump and housing and I am going to swap over the cast iron 1970 six pack manifold for a 1969 Edelbrock aluminium version will have the best of both worlds. Also have a 340 with J heads but will probably use an edelbrock manifold on it if I can't locate an original 1970 cast iron one. It will be interesting to compare the weights of both these engines.

340challconvert

Reaction score
aussiemark
Would be interesting to compare the weights of the 440 with the aluminium parts vs a small block 340!
Don't forget that headers on the 440 would also add a weight benefit.
Dino2 (1).gif

Last edited:

aussiemark

Reaction score
The 340 will be going into my 318 70 sunroof Challenger and the 440 will be going into my 70 V code Cuda. Both engines will use original high performance manifolds rather then headers I like the maintenance free aspect headers are always bending, blowing gaskets and getting holes in the collectors. The other good thing about the weight reduction on the 440 is the heads and intake manifold are up high and the water pump is far from the firewall so losing weight from these areas will matter more then if the weight was closer to the K frame or firewall. I will paint the aluminium parts so they look like the original parts and the engines will both be very standard spec I should see a small power gain from the extra flow from the heads.

Last edited:

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
You know how much better that car would turn a corner or handle crumbling infrastructure?

Not too worried about corners which is why I built this & squeezed this in there instead.

rsz_20160507_120139.jpg

Back