• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

WTB A833OD transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

heminut

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one out of an A body with the factory Hurst shifter. I am in New Mexico but drive to Tucson about once a month to visit my son.

terrywalker

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I recall correctly, just be aware a manual transmission from an A-body will place the shifter several inches forward in an E-body and will require a longer drive shaft, but I could be mistaken. Someone else may know more about the OD transmissions. Photo with measurements.
Terry W.

OD 833 Trans 1.jpg

Last edited:

Cudachuck

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I recall correctly, just be aware a manual transmission from an A-body will place the shifter several inches forward in an E-body and will require a longer drive shaft, but I could be mistaken. Someone else may know more about the OD transmissions. Photo with measurements.
Terry W.

View attachment 95946
How much?

Rob C

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Terry W.

View attachment 95946

I'm not a trans guy. but one of the difference is in the tail. Why doesn't that sound right.
You guys are correct. A body manual transmission are shorter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back