• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

AAR Hood Emblem opinions

fasjac

Reaction score
Asking for your opinions on hood emblems. The emblem in the pic is there temporarily. Just wanted to see what you guys think. I will not drill the hood. This emblem had one pin broke off. I have a few sets of these “cuda440-6 emblems.
Thanks for your thoughts.
4D5ED6FF-22C5-41A1-A0C3-BBBC8A53C071.jpeg
3E351C43-846B-4EFD-9336-61899D7FADC8.jpeg
8906C87B-09C4-454C-875E-DD760F4C4BA6.jpeg

WDO72

Reaction score
The hood looks great, and the emblem is cool. My opinion is that it's your car. So, have fun with it. The emblem placement seems right and looks good. If you don't want to drill holes in the hood (and I don't blame you), remove the pins from the emblem and use some 3M very high bond tape to adhere the emblem in place. Be aware that eventually the 3M VHB will damage the paint underneath through bonding, yet your hood will be free of holes. :) Good luck, and have fun!

If I may ask, which vendor did you purchase the hood from?

fasjac

Reaction score
Thanks WDO72. My buddies at Time Machines in Tampa hooked me up with the vendor. Can’t remember at the moment but, I can look at my file in my office tomorrow and let you know.
I have some clear (thin) double sided tape from gorilla. Lol. Good stuff. Only a couple areas on each emblem would do. But, like you said, there long enough and could be a problem with the paint later.
Thanks again!

Reaction score
I don’t like the emblem, but the paint looks fantastic!
You may never get the emblem off and have the hood unblemished or faded.
I like understated things. Black wall tires, no spoilers, etc, etc. I do like stripes in the factory color and correct year for the body.

hofilbert

Reaction score
I rather like it. It needs something if you are leaving it blue and that emblem is pretty low-profile and subtle. If you paint the hood flat black, it's still not too overpowering in chrome. You may be already thinking this, but I'd grind off the mounting stems and apply some good automotive double-side tape (preferably black) on the back of the emblem to mount it.

fasjac

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback fellows, much appreciated. Still kicking it around. The hood came from Stinger Fiberglass, Fla. WD072, all steel reinforced on the rails and mounts for the hinges (you do have to use the AAR springs though), fits nice.
Beautiful ride hofilbert!! My dream car for sure.

Back