• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

AAR Passenger Side Mirror Glass Tighten

egm253

Reaction score
I have a AAR cuda with a passenger side mirror glass that moves out of adjustment while driving. Is there any way to adjust this and tighten it? Is there supposed to be a spring behind the glass to keep it in position? I removed the mirror from the car and removed the base but it doesn't seem to offer any adjustment to tighten it up. Any help would be appreciated as I don't want to break the glass trying to force something.

EV2RTSE

Reaction score
What you'll need to do is remove the glass by heating carefully with a heat gun or hair dryer. The glass is glued in, so if you apply enough heat and work slowly and carefully, you can sometimes remove the glass without breaking it. Others have also said to soak the mirror in paint thinner to dissolve the glue. If you do break the glass, you can get a replacement made from an auto glass shop, of course you will lose the date code of the original glass, but it's not the end of the world unless you're out to win the Mopar Nationals or something.

Once the glass is out you will see two swedges or rivets holding the mirror plate onto the ball stud that allows the mirror to pivot. These are what have worn out causing the mirror to loosen up. Drill out these old rivets and use sheet metal screws in their place. You can now adjust the tension of the pivot by tightening or loosening the screws until the tension is where it needs to be. Reinstall the glass using the appropriate adhesive and you're good to go.

Back