• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Alignment spec suggestions

Flchallenger

Reaction score
I know this has talked about a lot but I can't find any threads on it. I have a 71 challenger with QA1 upper control arms and adjustable strut rods. Also a QA 1 k frame with 1" sway bar. Poly bushings. bilstein shocks. What specs should I tell the alignment guy I want this set to if I just drive on the street and want to handle decent.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
It depends on the feel you want & the way you drive .
Start with 1/2-1* negative camber if you like to corner hard more camber will help keep the tires planted .
3-4* caster this will pull the wheels straight but the more you add the harder it is to turn the vehicle
1/16 toe in

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
It depends on the feel you want & the way you drive .
Start with 1/2-1* negative camber if you like to corner hard more camber will help keep the tires planted .
3-4* caster this will pull the wheels straight but the more you add the harder it is to turn the vehicle
1/16 toe in
Correct. The more neg camber the more neg effects in tire wear and other things.More caster will give you a better feel of the road. Toe in,the toe angle can have some draw-backs. Excessive toe settings can cause the steering to feel shaky and skate when you hit a bump. It will also cause excessive tire wear.feathering. All thee setting work in combination. A drag car is set up to have 0 toe. When aliened the car is lifted as if it was launching and toe is set to 0 for less rolling resistance. You don't want that for a driver.

Last edited:

cudaragtop

Reaction score
This Skosh chart has been floating around for quite a while. Gives some common alignment starting points.
1646453060153.png

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Simply you are over thinking and you thinking is correct.The skosh chart is the best reference you will find. A good alignment Pro will know what to do when you tell them how you want to drive. Or follow QA1 specs if any. Also have a full tank of gas when you get it aligned.

MoparCarGuy

Reaction score
FWIW - Press and hold the ALT key and type the number 0176 to get the degree symbol.
Helps when talking alignment and also with timing specs.

Back