• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Any recommendations for a quality chrome plating service?

tomps

Reaction score
Been shopping around looking for a good quality chrome service to re-plate my tail lamp bezels. I have used in the past Nu-Chrome out of Mass. but they appear to have some issues (back taxes....quality control etc.) so that's out. Tried contacting Paul's Chrome as seen on My Classic Car on a number of occasions. Left messages, sent emails but never got a response so I guess they don't want the work. Anybody use Advance Plating or have good luck with another service?

Then again maybe it's easier to buy repro bezels?

photo2copy12_zps036ca3eb.jpg

photo5copy5_zpsc598a115.jpg

photo1copy14_zps167788aa.jpg

challenger6pak

Reaction score
I have used Pauls many times and the work has been real good. Maybe they are on vacation. I have never had trouble reaching them.

Last edited:

rrstroker71

Reaction score
Pauls is top notch as well as Advanced plating in Nashville. We use both of them and have for years.

Moparparts

Reaction score
AIH in Dubuque Iowa they do excellent work on those tail light bezels bezels and are the only rechroming company in business that i know that has a transferable lifetime guarantee. It is not cheap but i had my originals redone that had pitting and where far from perfect cores and they are now perfect even after about 12 years. Also have bumpers here on my cars and other parts that where rechromed by them almost 20 years ago and they are still excellent. Ask for Steve and tell him Don in PA told you to call

burdar

Reaction score
The repop antenna bezel I bought didn't fit the contour of the fender. I had AIH rechrome my original one. It cost $50 just for that small part a couple years ago but it was worth it. It looks great.

tomps

Reaction score
Thanks guys.

Ended up going with Paul's Chrome after finally contacting a very nice lady there. Quoted me a fair price......a bit more then buying repros but I get to retain the originals and I know the quality and fit are there so that was the major decision.

Thanks!

Back