• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Any truckers crossing the Ambassador bridge?

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
I'm looking for someone to pick up some parts on the Canadian side of the Ambassador bridge. Anyone happen to be in that kind of a situation around here?
Pm me if you are or hit me up on the thread.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Not a one huh? Looking to have someone pick up some interior parts , bring em across the bridge. Ship em if you want some extra money or I can have someone pick them up or come pick them up myself. Any help would be appreciated.

BS27R1B

Reaction score
Try UPS or FEDEX. They can do this and the Customs forms are not hard to complete for them. You could also try and find a local courier or delivery service in Windsor to find one that is crossing the border. I have a similar problem with parts coming the other way that are sitting in Port Huron. I have a local courier lined up just waiting for the broker to get the paperwork completed. I normally cross the border myself as a Registered Importer.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Not a one huh? Looking to have someone pick up some interior parts , bring em across the bridge. Ship em if you want some extra money or I can have someone pick them up or come pick them up myself. Any help would be appreciated.
If you can get it to my shop I’d be happy to ship from there but still no boarder crossing for us normal folks.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Fed ex quoted 2500 bucks for two box's 30"x30"x12" 30Lbs. That's ridiculous.
Canadapost was 1500.bucks. Again ridiculous.

I have a friend who has a friend who might pick these up for me. Then my buddy will grab them and ship them using forwardair. They have motorcycle crates that aren't that expensive to have shipped to a hub in Denver.

I find this to be quite ridiculous to just get parts shipped across the border at a reasonable cost.
This covid crap has made it so every large business out there can over charge for their services and we as the people can't even complain about it. It is what it is.

BS27R1B

Reaction score
WOW! That is crazy I totally agree. There has to be some little guy in Windsor. I will ask my carrier if he knows of anyone.

There was a service in Sarnia that was bringing parcels across from the USA for $20 plus the taxes due. Canada Customs shut that down in August just as my parcels were ready to come. They are now looking to apply for a carrier clearance but that is already taking a month. Meanwhile I have a car waiting for the few parts that are stuck at the border.
This other courier and broker will cost more but nowhere near what FEDEX and Canada Post charges you have been quoted. Covid-19 has had some terrible impacts on trade across the border.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
It's really unfortunate. People can't make money and folks can't get parts.
I'm not so concerned about the time to get them here but I don't want to lose the parts. Convertible rear panels and a panels. Hard parts to find and I don't get opportunities on vert parts very often.

Back