• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Any way to track down my old car via the VIN#

TNTCASH

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone knows if there is a way to track down an old veh I owned using the VIN#. Or is there anyother way to do this.

moparleo

Reaction score
Some states have stalking laws now that limit personal information on someones' name and address. Check in your state about what info is public and what is not. There are some registry's that track certain models out there like T/A registry and others.

TNTCASH

Reaction score
Probably in the wrong place for this one. B Body- 1969 Road Runner 383 4 Spd. Bahama Yellow, black hood stripe, black interior, Bench Seat. I bought it from a 2nd owner here in San Diego, East County. Owned it for a couple of years. Picked up a Lincoln Town Car and then was offered a ridiculous amount of money for the Runner in 1979 and I let it go. Sold it to a local kid who wrecked his 1970 Runner and his dad was paying for mine.

I am currently looking for a "1971" (preferred) Cuda-Barracuda for a driver. Can do some work so not afraid to get into a project. I have 6 boys and want to get them into this and hope they catch the fever.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
To start with I would look for a Road Runner registry and contact the person who runs it. They may have a policy where they don't give out information but they should be able to tell a yes or no if the car is registered. If it is registered they may allow you to send your contact information to the registries operator. Then they can pass on you info and it is up to the current owner to contact you. Most of the time you will be contacted since you were a previous owner.

tallhair

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone knows if there is a way to track down an old veh I owned using the VIN#. Or is there anyother way to do this.

You've got some good suggestions here and you should go ahead and post the VIN every place you ask as well as the description, details of sale (story) and any pictures you have. If you know options/have fender tag rubbing or pic showing codes that would help too.

moparleo

Reaction score
Not a good idea to post the complete vin of anybodyelses car. That is like posting your neighbors credit card number. If you must post it, don't post the complete number as a courtesy to who might ever now owns the car.

tallhair

Reaction score
I'm not sure that VINs are protected information and they are readily visible to everyone through the windshield but I can see how someone could get pissed if you posted their VIN as in this case so good point Leo

Back