• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Anyone have the 2.5 pypes exhaust system with x pipe?

MerlinsMopars

Reaction score
Last car I built, I pieced together an exhaust system with x pipe from jegs for cheap but lots of welding and cutting/grinding etc. Total pain and more time than anything. It did come out nice but swore that I wouldn't go thru all that again.
Don"t get me wrong as I am still going to install one on my Challenger and was looking at the pypes street pro system. Some are saying fitment. Was not plug n play but had to be modified with the x pipe. It comes in stainless so any welding is out of the question for me but if their system works out of the box then I would get it.
Too good to be true probably but would appreciate any input. Maybe tti but high dollar ticket there.

plymouth67

Reaction score
My car has the Pypes system on it. Its got the 1 7/8 TTI headers. Fits really well and sounds pretty good too.

20200222_094057.jpg

20200222_094116.jpg

Ccas

FEBO Vendor
FEBO Vendor
Reaction score
Last car I built, I pieced together an exhaust system with x pipe from jegs for cheap but lots of welding and cutting/grinding etc. Total pain and more time than anything. It did come out nice but swore that I wouldn't go thru all that again.
Don"t get me wrong as I am still going to install one on my Challenger and was looking at the pypes street pro system. Some are saying fitment. Was not plug n play but had to be modified with the x pipe. It comes in stainless so any welding is out of the question for me but if their system works out of the box then I would get it.
Too good to be true probably but would appreciate any input. Maybe tti but high dollar ticket there.
It won't be hard to find a complaint about any exhaust system install but like here, you also find positive results. Doesn't seem right? there are so many factors to consider when installing an exhaust system especially when you are running headers. Every header mfg designs headers for clearance as a #1 priority. Once they clear, they all seem to end in different spots. At Pypes, we've tried to make the rest of the system adaptable to various headers. Sometimes it goes well. Sometimes it doesn't. The real problem come when header collectors are on an angle instead of straight back. Another big problem is when the collectors terminate too low.

The best thing I can say about these situations is to install your system from the back forward. The tailpipes have to go in a specific spot. You really can't mess with tailpipe placement. So as you work forward, you will get to the front where the headers are. You stare at that area and that's where you might have to get clever to make the final connection. Pypes has staff that can help give additional tips on how to make the install go well. Just try and do the install on a weekday so in case you run into issues, we're available to give you a hand. :)

NoCar340

Reaction score
Just try and do the install on a weekday so in case you run into issues, we're available to give you a hand. :)
Just give him your personal cell number... it'll be fine, promise. 😄

On a more-serious note, a few friends have installed Pypes systems on various vehicles and were always quite happy with the results. Of course, they went into each job knowing that due to production tolerances, ancient unrealized minor accident damage, and the nonexistence of perfect pipe benders they might face a bit of tweaking. Nary a complaint from any of them; quite the opposite in fact. They always come away happy and impressed. More than one has suggested I look at Pypes when the time comes for my Challenger, which is either very high praise or one very-nefarious long-term practical joke. I suspect the former.

Back