• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

anyone live in/near Newland NC?

djais1801

Reaction score
Found the original owner of my 69 Roadrunner via google search...but can't pin down contact info.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Really cool that you were able to find the original owner.
I have the original warranty booklet with the owner's name on it.
My car was sold at North Plainfield Dodge (No longer exists) I think it was located on the infamous Rt 22. (for anyone familiar with NJ)
From what I can tell, my car was bought for a girl by her father. I should try to pursue more information.
Some state's motor vehicle departments will do a search based on the serial number. (Any Police officer friends?)
Have you tried plugging the name into some of the social media sites?
Good luck- It is exciting to do this kind of "archeology"
Dino2 (1).gif

djais1801

Reaction score
I found him!! We've been speaking all weekend. Lots of great stories/info. He drove the RR over 200k miles...original body panels!! I am 3rd owner...
Really cool that you were able to find the original owner.
I have the original warranty booklet with the owner's name on it.
My car was sold at North Plainfield Dodge (No longer exists) I think it was located on the infamous Rt 22. (for anyone familiar with NJ)
From what I can tell, my car was bought for a girl by her father. I should try to pursue more information.
Some state's motor vehicle departments will do a search based on the serial number. (Any Police officer friends?)
Have you tried plugging the name into some of the social media sites?
Good luck- It is exciting to do this kind of "archeology"
View attachment 25669

DetMatt1

Reaction score
image.jpeg
That's exciting, congrats! I finally located one of the previous owners of my '68 RR. He was the one that turned it into a race car in the '80s and ended up being track champ with it in Jacksonville. He sent me some great pics of it and is still searching for more, I hope.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Wanted to thank djais1801. He motivated me to seek out the original owner of my A66 Challenger after he found the original owner of his car. I found the original owner of my Challenger from the paperwork I had and was able to communicate with him about my car's earlier history. He still lives in the same town.
This is very cool!

Dino2 (1).gif

Back