• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Arizona or Idaho

Reaction score
Hi All,
Thinking of moving to Chandler Arizona or Star Idaho. Anyone out there live in the vicinity of
either one of these locations? Looking for reasonable housing ($300k), decent weather, and
of course Mopar friendly.

wedg2go

Reaction score
Wow Arizona huh?

Well to start with I lived in the Valley of the Sun for over 60 years. Most of those years were spent in and around central Phoenix, north Phoenix and Glendale, but one can't help to spend some time all over the valley. Especially, when your brother-in-law lives in Gilbert and when there is a really good car show to attend in and around the east side.

Housing prices had some dramatic increases over the last two years. With this current 'turn of events' I'm not sure where they stand today. My daughter recently found a very nice place in north Phoenix reasonably priced. However, that changes from town to town and development to development. This also includes what you're looking for in a residence. My wife and I sold our 2500 sf livable residence with a three car garage on an average size lot for $330,000 a year and a half ago. It was nothing spectacular and it wasn't really worth putting a whole lot of money into. Our former home is located in a upper middle class neighborhood. The construction of that home - built in '96 - was nothing but junk. That's really not unusual, being located in a newer development at that time. So keep an eye peeled for that if you're considering AZ and have any prospective home inspected. I could go into the "Hows", "Whys" and "Cheap labor", but I'm sure you catch what I trying to convey here.

Weather? Decent? Okay where do I start here? There's a standing joke I tell when someone ask that question. I tell them, "There are three seasons in Arizona - especially the Phoenix area. That is Hot, Hotter and You got to be kiddin'!!!" Spring and autumn is a blip in time in that area. Winter - November to March roughly - can and does have it's days where it can be the better part of warm. When it does cool down, it's a high vapor, wet kind of cold. I live in Colorado now and I can venture outside in a t-shirt and jeans when it's 25 degrees out (as long as I'm in the sun and no wind). You can't do that in AZ when the mercury hits 40s. Summer is another story. It's the season that just won't turn loose year after year. Be prepare for 100+ days of the mercury hitting 100+ and you'll really know it's summer when the mercury hits 110+. Another thing about summer is the incredible haboobs you'll experience on the east side. These things sometimes are noteworthy for national news. One thing I don't miss!!!

One thing I can say about the general area and that is it's not just Mopar friendly. It's classic car (truck) friendly! Save this WEBsite - https://www.cruisinarizona.com/carshows.html While the Cruisin AZ website it's running thin right now with announcements, cause by the summer starting and the chi-com virus, it will direct you to some interesting links. Especially, car clubs (i.e. Mopars Unlimited of Arizona).

In closing - http://www.city-data.com/ and https://www.city-data.com/forum/phoenix-area/

I hope this was helpful.

Back