• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Awesome 71 Cuda

PPIHCracer

Reaction score
Here below is an article of my build now two years ago. Currently a driver in primer with a four speed, 408 magnum based with EQ cylinder heads, and Sniper EFI with Hyperspark ignition. It has 1.08 t-bars, f & r sway bars, boxed lower control arms, c-body tie rods, tubular upper control arms , a US Car Tools chassis stiffening kit, and discs front and rear. What Are You Working On?

View attachment 85751

View attachment 85752
Cool car. What brand are the mini-lite style wheels? The reason I ask is I have a set for the Cuda which are 15x8 Superlites from Australia. I couldn't afford the real-deal minilites. They look great on cars like yours and mine, period T/A correct. Wow, you have done a lot of work on your car which should make it really fun to drive. You are lucky to have a 26 radiator car. Both my e-bodies have 22 and they don't cool as good as I would like.

Currently, I have a 73 Challenger Rallye daily driver kind of car, 360, Ed heads, RPM airgap with Sniper unit. Found out there wasn't gas flowing down one of the barrels and took a video of it, sent it the vid to Holley. They have been very good to work with and immediately sent free return shipping so I can get the unit fixed. I want to upgrade to the Hyperspark ignition after I have some more experience with the Sniper unit.

PPIHCracer

Reaction score
I did not use the oil accumulator by the time I was done, it just took up too much room, but I still have it "just in case".
I forgot to mention I use an accusump for insurance. The bottle is mounted to the old console brackets. The car has a custom oil pan which has gates which provide the sump with half the pan's capacity under any g load. I have pulled rod/main bearings from an engine that was ran without the accusump and they were perfect.

Wow, you also have done a lot of work/mods to your car. I haven't boxed the lowers yet nor stiffened the rad support. The car has sub frame connectors but they are not attached to the floor pan over their length so their benefit is not as good as it could be.

70chall440

Reaction score
I am using a Kevko pan which has baffles. My original intent for the car was to make a road racer type car (like your car) but I realized that I would probably never actually race it and made it more of a street car.

Are you using mechanical linkage for your clutch or hydraulic? I made a hydraulic system for my car which uses a slave cylinder down on the transmission which activates the stock fork/TOB but I need to do some work with it as it is very heavy. It might be the PP or it might be the slave cylinder.

PPIHCracer

Reaction score
I am using a Kevko pan which has baffles. My original intent for the car was to make a road racer type car (like your car) but I realized that I would probably never actually race it and made it more of a street car.

Are you using mechanical linkage for your clutch or hydraulic? I made a hydraulic system for my car which uses a slave cylinder down on the transmission which activates the stock fork/TOB but I need to do some work with it as it is very heavy. It might be the PP or it might be the slave cylinder.
The clutch operation stuff on our car is factory mechanical linkage, even use the factory plastic bushings clips. It has all been in place since the current engine was installed in 2007. CenterForce Dual Friction clutch and a billit flywheel. ARP hardware everywhere I can use it.

rklein71

Reaction score
Cool car. What brand are the mini-lite style wheels? The reason I ask is I have a set for the Cuda which are 15x8 Superlites from Australia. I couldn't afford the real-deal minilites. They look great on cars like yours and mine, period T/A correct. Wow, you have done a lot of work on your car which should make it really fun to drive. You are lucky to have a 26 radiator car. Both my e-bodies have 22 and they don't cool as good as I would like.

Currently, I have a 73 Challenger Rallye daily driver kind of car, 360, Ed heads, RPM airgap with Sniper unit. Found out there wasn't gas flowing down one of the barrels and took a video of it, sent it the vid to Holley. They have been very good to work with and immediately sent free return shipping so I can get the unit fixed. I want to upgrade to the Hyperspark ignition after I have some more experience with the Sniper unit.
They are Superlites. 15x7 all around.

Back