• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Battery Drain

cas75

Reaction score
I have a 1974 Challenger with a 318. There is something draining my battery which I could use some help in troubleshooting the issue. I have a brand new battery just so you know it's not the issue.
Any help is appreciated!

AUSTA

Reaction score
I have a 1974 Challenger with a 318. There is something draining my battery which I could use some help in troubleshooting the issue. I have a brand new battery just so you know it's not the issue.
Any help is appreciated!
Disconnect positive battery lead & connect a multimeter set to 10 amp scale with key off to measure the drain.
Do not turn anything on whilst the meter is connected or you will blow the fuse.
Have you got an alarm installed also the wipers may not be auto parking when turned off.

sixpactogo

Reaction score
You can narrow it down to which circuit by doing what Austa said. Disconnect the pos battery lead and connect the meter between the pos battery post and cable. Then start pulling fuses one at a time until the drain goes away. Make sure you close the door or pull your interior bulbs.

stylo bialo

Reaction score
I had the same problem with mine a few years ago...traced it down to a bad volt meter gauge in the dash. I changed the gauge...all fixed!.....Stylo

Back