• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Better headlight options?

Nitrohog

Reaction score
What are you using for headlights in your e body? I had the car out a few nights ago and the oem headlights are atrocious! I've seen the conversion housings that accept newer style bulbs but it seems like you have to cut the headlight buckets to make them fit. What options do I have?

Adam

Reaction score
IMG_3568.JPG
Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply

The puny stock wiring and switch are barely adequate for the job. Running the power thru relays makes a huge difference and the switch only carries a small amount of current. Most of the factory wiring can be retained, but the power to the headlight would instead activate the relay like a switch. The relay routes full power from the battery to the headlights with better & shorter wires. I mounted the relays for my headlights and electric fans behind the left front headlight. This allowed for short wires from the battery and got them out of the hot engine compartment; also kind of hid them from view.

You dont have to cut your buckets or switch to new style bulbs, although there are better headlight bulbs available... see the chart on Stern's website.

Daniel Stern has a great tech section and products, which I used, but you can get relays anywhere and ceramic connectors are also widely available.

Last edited:
Back