• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Blown Exhaust Manifold Gasket

money pit

Reaction score
I have a stock 360 engine with stock exhaust manifolds that keeps blowing the exhaust manifold gaskets. It's blowing the gaskets on the driver side only. First it was #7, replaced the gasket, a few months later, it blew # 1. Everything is tight and I have the conical washers installed. I did buy these manifolds on craigs list. Is there a preferred brand of gasket? Thanks. Happy New Year!!!!

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
use a thin layer of ultra copper silicone & install the manifold directly onto the head , the factory never used gaskets

hsb shadow

Reaction score
I found over the years that these old manifolds get warped and that way you sometimes have to do is take him and get them planed down a little bit. I usually take mine to a local muffler shop and they have a modified belt sander and they plane all of my manifolds and I also use the sealants as mentioned above. Good luck

money pit

Reaction score
I found over the years that these old manifolds get warped and that way you sometimes have to do is take him and get them planed down a little bit. I usually take mine to a local muffler shop and they have a modified belt sander and they plane all of my manifolds and I also use the sealants as mentioned above. Good luck
I'm going to pull them and run a straight edge over the manifolds. Thanks.

Back