• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Bottom windshield moulding issued, 74 Chally

Dodgeboy

Reaction score
Anybody have any tips on how to get the bottom windshield moulding to sit nice and flush with the windshield? When my wipers park the passenger wiper blade catchs the moulding and hooks on. Driverside is not that bad but could be better. Can i shim the screw side up/ or do you silicone the moulding down? I assume my moulding might be tweeked a bit (don't think the factory did anything special) but don't know how to go about straighting/curving it.
Thanks.

moparlee

Reaction score
Interesting that you posted this because I have one that fits nice and snug with no gaps, but the one on my other car has that same type of gap. I haven't had both of them off at the same type to look at them side by side to see what the difference is.

rbbruno3

Reaction score
I have heard repop glass may be thinner. So that with urethane sealer may be causing a gap. Don’t know for sure just throwing it out there

Dodgeboy

Reaction score
My windsheild is a brand new one that my co-worker hooked me up with. I don't know who/which company made it. I did use the windsheild adhesive "tape" from YearOne when i installed it. I haven't pulled the moulding off yet to check it for straightness. I guess If the glass is thinner then a thicker bead of adhesive should fix the issue.

ZippyZoo

Reaction score
My 71 came from the factory like that! I tried twisting it, bending it, and finally a bead of silicon adhesive, as noted above, held it.

volunteer

Reaction score
Yes, often happens and kind of a nuisance. Good advice already so can only add idea to snug center portion first and then push outward and downward to each side (end) one by one, and snug those, while paying attention to the integrity of the side portion trim pieces. My own piece fits flat but has some rub marks - so light resto in order. (sigh)

Back