• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Broke down in columbus ga 11/27/11

bluefury361

Reaction score
I am on my return trip from the turkey run in daytona and my 65 coronet 500 fried a right rear axle bearing and spit the axle out against the fender....!!!!

It's sunday night and I got AAA to send a roll back and tow me to the La Quinta inn at exit 6 on 185.

If anyone in the area see's this I need a right rear axle with a bearing ....or a reputable repair shop close by.

Will..... 256-214-2792

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Huge bummer, sorry to hear. I hope you can get it taken care of without too many hassles. Good luck brother and let us know how it turns out.

bluefury361

Reaction score
UPDATE....

Home safe and sound.!!!

Monday morning I located a AAmco shop in columbus that could get my Dodge in right away. An hour later AAA showed up and carried the car there, where it took 6 hours to do a 2 hour job. BUT.... all ended well and I was able to continue the trip home to Alabama.

I was amazed at the response, well wishes and offers to help I received from posting on the Mopar sites. Although I had already made the arraingements to repair the car I received offers of shop space from Dan in Columbus, parts and help from Tim, aka "papasmurff", Ron from Ohio took the time to locate several repair shops in the Coulmbus and call me with the information and Dan from Tuscalusa Ala offered to bring an axle and bearing along with a trailer, (over 100 miles), just in case.

The only damage substained in the incident was a scuffed sidewall on the tire and a minor crack in the paint at the wheel opening...

I'm proud to be involved with the Mopar group here and at the A,B & C body sites. Thanks to all who responded.

Will.

Back