• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Bronze 71' challenger

John71

Reaction score
My challenger started life as a base model from the factory. From the factory, it came with a 318 automatic, column shift, manual brakes, manual steering, 2-speed windshield wiper motor, drum brakes all around, and no AC. When I purchased it, in 2019 from Springfield Oregon, it had 383 under the hood with a 600 CFM Edelbrock carburetor and a floor shift installed. It was missing some minor items under the hood and needed the brakes redone.

This has been completed already
  • Brakes completely rebuilt and upgraded to 11" drilled and ventilated rotors up front
  • rear differential rebuilt and the replaced the broken Sure Grip with an Auburn locker with 4:10 gears
  • Replaced the Manual steering column/column shift with a power steering gearbox and floor shift steering column
  • Rebuilt the upper and lower control arms, and all steering linkage
  • Rebuilt the motor (due to 3 bad cylinders and cross drilled heads.
    • Stroked the motor to 438 CI
    • installed aluminum heads and dual plane intake
    • Installed the Holly Sniper unit with distributor control
  • Replaced radiator with a 4-core aluminum unit with electric fans.
  • Replaced all rubber seals
  • Rebuilt the regulators for doors
  • Installed the reservoir and motor for windshield washer fluid with the new control knob
Still in the works currently
  • Power brakes
  • 3-speed windshield motor and linkage
  • Power window setup for all four windows
I will eventually get it sent off for all the body work and rust repair to be completed, but right now I just want to drive it. lol.

20221203_103614.jpg

20200504_140328.jpg

terrywalker

Reaction score
I agree. Enjoy driving it for a while before getting body repair done. That will take the longest and is the most expensive when you pay for someone els to do it. Have some fun first so you know what to look forward to when it's out of commission.
Terry W.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I hope you swapped out the eddy carb for a decent / bigger Carb !!
Looking good

gundy24719

Reaction score
How is the power window conversion going? I plan to do the same thing to my 71 and they make kits to do it, but they have the GM style buttons. They make a reproduction of the action Mopar style, but they don't come with the connectors. I am in search for a set.

Back