• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Can anyone recommend a good Mopar guy near Philly?

Super-G

Reaction score
Hi guys, I just brought home my first Mopar Musclecar in over 20 years.

Many years ago I had a really nice 340 Duster and I've had other brands including 2 GTO's, a 442, and a few Chevelles. So I'm no stranger to cars.

That being said I've always liked the Mopars but prices were so squirrely over the years that I was always out of the market.

OK so yesterday I brought home a 73 Challenger. Its been re-done but has been sitting for a few years due to the previous owners battle with cancer. He lost the battle and I bought the car from his son who is a Harley guy and not into cars.

The original 340 is long gone having been replaced with a 440 6 pack. Since the car sat for the better part of 4-5 years the carbs run pretty poorly. The center carb weeps fuel and the rear carb must have a stuck float because it seems to be just dumping fuel.

I'm pretty good mechanically but have ZERO experience with multiple carb cars. My plan is to have all 3 carbs rebuilt and have the car tuned properly.

I live in Doylestown PA which is about an hour north of Philly.

Can anyone recommend a good Mopar experienced guy in this general area??

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks

S-S-P

Reaction score
I happen to also have a 440 Six Pack Challenger. Nice choice... :)

The SixPack is not as intimidating if you try to view it as a regular 4bbl with an extra set of secondaries. The way it works is actually pretty straightforward. I would recommend following rebuild and setup instructions to the letter. If someone has modified the setup or drilled holes, correct it to factory original ASAP and I think you'll be fine. All those hours the Holley & Mopar engineers spent on the setup are not wasted - They knew what they were doing - Modifications of any kind are not needed unless youre running some crazy wild strip setup maybe.

Also, I would install metal fuel lines to the carbs if it is not already.

Ray

Reaction score
Ben Philla. Frankford Ave. In Philly. Bradley can help you.

Back