• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Can't post new thread in Body forum

themechanic

Reaction score
Here's another problem for you. See if you can guess what it is.

1667239440256.png

themechanic

Reaction score
OK. I opened Brave and followed their directions for clearing everything: cache, history, etc.

I logged in with user name and PW. I checked my watched threads and I can see the dates.

1667253588170.png

However, this is what I see when I click on a thread topic.

1667253655137.png

terrywalker

Reaction score
I use Microsoft Edge and I cleared the cache for 4 weeks and I see the dates. For M.E.:
1. go to ... (3 dots with initial) at upper right tool bar.
2. click on History
3. click on ... (3 dots on tool bar)
4. Select - Clear Browsing Data
5. Select time to clear (I selected 4 weeks)
6. click on - Clear Now

I see time and dates again.
Terry W.

Last edited:

themechanic

Reaction score
So, I can use the safe Brave browser for FBBO and every other website but I have to use Microsoft Edge or another browser that tracks me if I want to visit FEBO.

Tell me how that's my problem.

Joeychgo

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So, I can use the safe Brave browser for FBBO and every other website but I have to use Microsoft Edge or another browser that tracks me if I want to visit FEBO.

Tell me how that's my problem.

the problem is that you haven't cleared your browser cache completely. I don't use the brave browser so I don't know how it works for that. I promise I am not trying to be difficult. I can't reach into your computer and do it for you.

I searched google and found this -- maybe it will help?

Procedure:​

1. Click Customize and control brave (the 3-horizontal line button) in the upper right-hand corner. Alternatively, use the shortcut Alt+F to access settings.
  2. Go to Settings towards the bottom.
  3. On the left-hand side, expand Additional Settings.
  4. Click on Privacy and security.
  5. Open Clear Browsing Dataand a pop-up will open.
    • Under Time range Choose the All-time option.
    • check Browsing History and Cookies and other site data.
    • Ensure that Cached Images and Files are still checked.
    • Click Clear data.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Cache Definition and Examples
cache : [ka$h] noun.

In computing, a cache is a temporary store of duplicate, frequently-accessed data that's kept in a special location, so it may be accessed quickly, which reduces latency. There are many different types of cache including CPU, disk, browser, and more.
A Caching Analogy / Example

Imagine you're researching a paper at a library. To complete your assignment, you need multiple pieces of information from books located on different shelves.

Without caching: Every time you need to look something up, you get up from your desk and walk to the shelf with the book you want. You read what you need in the book, then you walk back to your desk, leaving the book where it is. Because you make many trips back and forth to the same shelves and books, it takes you several hours to finish your assignment.

With caching: When you walk over to a shelf to look something up, you bring a copy of the book back to your desk and leave it there for quicker access. Now you don't waste time going back and forth if you need to use the same book again, since it's already at your fingertips. You can more quickly find the information you need (lower latency), so you finish the paper much faster.

To bring this example into the real world, substitute the shelves with web servers, books with data, and the library with the Internet.

themechanic

Reaction score
the problem is that you haven't cleared your browser cache completely. I don't use the brave browser so I don't know how it works for that. I promise I am not trying to be difficult. I can't reach into your computer and do it for you.

I searched google and found this -- maybe it will help?

Procedure:​

1. Click Customize and control brave (the 3-horizontal line button) in the upper right-hand corner. Alternatively, use the shortcut Alt+F to access settings.
  2. Go to Settings towards the bottom.
  3. On the left-hand side, expand Additional Settings.
  4. Click on Privacy and security.
  5. Open Clear Browsing Dataand a pop-up will open.
    • Under Time range Choose the All-time option.
    • check Browsing History and Cookies and other site data.
    • Ensure that Cached Images and Files are still checked.
    • Click Clear data.
That's the precise way I did it.

You're missing the point. It's only on FEBO in the last week or so I've observed this website behavior.

Look into the difference between FBBO and FEBO and the way they work with different browsers and you'll find the problem.

Joeychgo

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You're missing the point. It's only on FEBO in the last week or so I've observed this website behavior.

YOU are missing the point. They are 2 completely separate websites. I know its only on FEBO. There WAS a problem which I fixed which caused the cache on some people's browsers to become corrupted. You have to clear that cache on your device for it to be returned to normal.

Unfortunately, everyone doesn't have the same browser, or device, or browser setup so its up to you to figure out how to fix it on your device.

Try this.. https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/...How-Do-I-Clear-Cookies-And-Site-Data-In-Brave

Clear everything..

Last edited:

themechanic

Reaction score
YOU are missing the point. They are 2 completely separate websites. I know its only on FEBO. There WAS a problem which I fixed which caused the cache on some people's browsers to become corrupted. You have to clear that cache on your device for it to be returned to normal.

Unfortunately, everyone doesn't have the same browser, or device, or browser setup so its up to you to figure out how to fix it on your device.

Try this.. https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/...How-Do-I-Clear-Cookies-And-Site-Data-In-Brave

Clear everything..
I already cleared everything.

Brave is the most popular secure browser available that's user friendly.

You were able to create FBBO separate from FEBO. One works with Brave without a hitch, the other does not. Simple.

It's not a huge deal. Not many folks use FEBO anyway. That's why I post questions on both and usually get them answered on FBBO.

Joeychgo

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You were able to create FBBO separate from FEBO. One works with Brave without a hitch, the other does not. Simple.

and a problem I have on Amazon I dont have on ebay -- so what? I keep telling you, that is irrelevant. FBBO and FEBO are 2 separate sites. Why do you keep mentioning it?

good, do it again.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score

Brave is the most popular secure browser available that's user friendly.

It's not a huge deal. Not many folks use FEBO anyway. That's why I post questions on both and usually get them answered on FBBO.
did you try an other device and log in.Or try an other browser. Try it. an other analogy would be.The shelf that has all the FEBO info on is full. Not The shelf for FBBO.

Back