• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Car detailing

Jamie Lupton

Reaction score
anybody have tips tricks and products they recommend? My real problem is the cars interior it’s all original and plastic is a little faded

/sixchall

Reaction score
Google a product called 303, I’ve been using this on my ‘70 Challengers plastic interior pieces. This stuff is great. See what this stuff does I love it. Al

moparleo

Reaction score
Only color that ever held up was black. Once the plastic was exposed to UV rays, it broke down very quickly. The other colors of plastic trim tend to fade and turn to chalk. Nothing can be done when that happens except to clean and re-dye the plastic. That only really makes it look ok at 10 feet. Plastic technology has improved leaps and bounds in the last several years and dash pads and the like are no longer prone to drying out and cracking like they did in the past. There are some good repro interior parts available but they usually only come in black now and you just dye them to the color you need. That is how it has been done since the original plastic pieces were discontinued many, many years ago. SEM is one of the most recommended brands and there are others.

/sixchall

Reaction score
Leo is right, the only factory color that lasted is black. I have original plastic panels in my ‘70 Challenger, which are black and by maintaining them they’ve stayed nice looking. As Leo said the SEM’s products are good. Look in to these products should work out for you. Al

Sal C

Reaction score
SEM's flexible paint for interiors is awesome. Before and after on rear side panel...

Door Panel Before and After.jpg

/sixchall

Reaction score
Just saw a self help video from Douglas Adams, a professional painter for 30 years. You can find him on E-bodies.org he is in the process of refurbishing some interior panels. Check it out.

fk5aar

Reaction score
Is that sem flexible paint in spray can form or with a brush? Looks awesome

Back