• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Carpet location relative to something

doubleyellow

Reaction score
Can someone give me a dimension to locate the rear edge of the front half of the carpet relative to a hard measuring point (Seat bracket bolt hole through floor, vertical wall at the front of the rear lower seat, etc). Thanks.

moparleo

Reaction score
The carpet should be molded to the contour of the floor. The dimmer switch grommet should partially help to locate the carpet. Is the original missing ? What brand of carpeting did you buy ?

doubleyellow

Reaction score
No carpet in it for 20 years, Restoring. Legendary carpet. I don't think there is the grommet hole pre-cut, but I'll check.
Thanks

Avalanche

Reaction score
I don't think the legendary carpet comes with the high beam hole. If I remember correctly you just lay the rear one in first, then the front 1/2 will only fit in one place. You will have to cut it at the door sills. Make sure you leave enough so the door sills hold it in place.you will have to trim the opening for the shifter and make a hole for the high beam. I used a hot soldering iron and burned the holes.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
This was the only pic I have on hand from when I did mine.

IMG_1584.JPG

doubleyellow

Reaction score
Thanks guys, but someone out there must still have a factory carpet in that they could send me a measurement? Maybe no original carpets left I could imagine.

RUNCHARGER

Reaction score
It's a lot easier with a 4 speed as they are molded for the 4 speed hump. You want to push it forward quite a bit so the heel pad is close to going up the firewall where it goes up in a 45 degree angle. Don't trim the front until you are absolutely sure you have it placed correctly. I took a photo of mine but it's black carpet and the flash didn't light it up enough to see. It looks like the front of the heelpad goes across the breakpoint where the floor angles up into the firewall.

Sheldon

challenger carpet.JPG

Back