• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Challenger dash pad information/misc parts wanted

vtails

Reaction score
Hi folks,
I am looking to replace my dash pad as it is shot and has a dash cap on it. I see there are several manufactures available at a host of prices. I was looking for any information available on Just Dashes, Superior Dashes or any other brand that you may have info on. I would like the best fit, appearence and originally avaialble but not looking to put a $1000 saddle on a $50 horse either. I want to maintain the original metal dash frame instead of the fiberglass repos.
The car (1970 Challenger) is a very nice driver and has new repo interior.
Also looking for an early to mid year date coded 1969 440 engine. Prefer a complete good to excellent runner but will consider all....Washington State area or close by a plus, will also need an original correct 26 inch radiator.
Thank you in advance for anyhelp.

rosevillemoparts

Reaction score
70 challenger, does it have on eor 3 speaker, ac, color? I do have a couple 70 challenger pads on the shelf with the original steel frame

vtails

Reaction score
Hi,
Thanks for the reply to my inquiry. The dash is red and has one speaker.
Marc

dentwizgen

Reaction score
Hey, I also have the same issue with the dash pad. I found this one on ebay. here is the item # I am not sure how good they are but this may be a start for you dude. Let me know. ebay item # is : 120612947427
mark

cuda722

Reaction score
Hi folks,
I am looking to replace my dash pad as it is shot and has a dash cap on it. I see there are several manufactures available at a host of prices. I was looking for any information available on Just Dashes, Superior Dashes or any other brand that you may have info on. I would like the best fit, appearence and originally avaialble but not looking to put a $1000 saddle on a $50 horse either. I want to maintain the original metal dash frame instead of the fiberglass repos.
The car (1970 Challenger) is a very nice driver and has new repo interior.
Also looking for an early to mid year date coded 1969 440 engine. Prefer a complete good to excellent runner but will consider all....Washington State area or close by a plus, will also need an original correct 26 inch radiator.
Thank you in advance for anyhelp.

"WARNING: Do not get one of those dash pads that does not have the original steel frame. I made that mistake and after installing it, i found that some of the attaching points for the dash trim are non existent and there is no real support across the top at the instrument cluster and it warped a little and i could not stand to look at it. Took it out (and what job) and sent my original and had it redone. came out beautiful.

dentwizgen

Reaction score
Dash pad issues!

Thank you for letting me know about the cheap dash pads!
Where is the best price for the best dash pad for a 70 challenger

rosevillemoparts

Reaction score
Thank you for letting me know about the cheap dash pads!
Where is the best price for the best dash pad for a 70 challenger

LOL cheap and best quality, those two dont go together when your working on any E-Body. Well what i can tell you is I can get a quality pad like original on the original steel frame, there is a refundable core once your core is returned, Must be reusable not rotted out as some are.

http://www.rosevillemoparts.com/product_info.php/p/70-challenger-dash-pad-black/products_id/5029

vtails

Reaction score
Thank you for the information. I tried to access this number but was told it was not valid. I found another Black pad for sale on e-Bay. Thanks again for the time and effort you afforded me.
Marc

vtails

Reaction score
Good morning,
Thank you for the information. Who is the manufacture and how close to original is the pad in grain, fit and appearence? Also, is it available in RED?
Thanks again,
Marc

rosevillemoparts

Reaction score
dash pad

Good morning,
Thank you for the information. Who is the manufacture and how close to original is the pad in grain, fit and appearence? Also, is it available in RED?
Thanks again,
Marc

Marc,

dash pad grain is really nice. It is available in red. I just ordered a 70 Cuda in red. Usually about 7-10 to get the colored. Made by ultimate rides. on the original steel frame, thats why there is a core charge.

dentwizgen

Reaction score
Thanks guys for all the dash pad help. U r right about cheap and good quality. LOL yeah , right! Ok , best pad for the money $

Back