• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Challengers goin gup in value

D

Deleted member 7670

I have a very nice 70 T/A, correct but NOM 340/6 pack, 4 speed with a color change that I have advertised on CarsonLine, ad #92645. Everything works.
I've had a bunch of lookers and a few offers that were unacceptable to me. I have it listed for $63,500 and am looking for $60K. I may have overpaid originally. I respect opinions on this site. Am I out of line in asking price?

MONC

Reaction score
This one ?

Dodge Challenger for Sale

Nom and color change, hurt value.
Nicely optioned originally, especially with gator top, but to put it back and still not numbers matching, is costly.

IMO 35K -$40K

Last edited:

quapman

Reaction score
No, you're not out of line on that price, especially if Alan did the resto.

MONC

Reaction score
No, you're not out of line on that price, especially if Alan did the resto.

The car looks the same as it did when I was looking to purchase it years ago.
Did Alan do any work on the car?

MONC

Reaction score
Here's another example for you :

This car is similarly optioned , B3 blue, blue interior , black vinyl top ( not installed) 4 speed Non Matching T/A motor.
Had the opportunity to buy it last year for about $42K .
Had it inspected and while it was a decent driver there were too many details that would have driven me crazy. Probably could have got it for $40K but I passed on it .

It eventually sold and flipped to a dealer who auctioned it, and sold again to another dealer who is asking almost $90K for it . Very little if anything has been done on the car.
This is the 2nd run of the auction.

Dodge Challenger T/A Six-Pack | eBay

quapman

Reaction score
To me, having sold a blue on blue Challenger a few years ago, the color change doesn't hurt the car. Maybe the exterior, but if I had a dollar for every potential buyer who said "I'd jump on it if the interior was black or white", I'd be retired now.

The blue seats with black carpet & door panels is super yuck.

I'll never understand how dealers seem to get 20-100% more for their cars than private sellers.

budascuda

Reaction score
To me, having sold a blue on blue Challenger a few years ago, the color change doesn't hurt the car. Maybe the exterior, but if I had a dollar for every potential buyer who said "I'd jump on it if the interior was black or white", I'd be retired now.

The blue seats with black carpet & door panels is super yuck.

I'll never understand how dealers seem to get 20-100% more for their cars than private sellers.

I have always underestimated the persuasive powers of an experienced salesman.
Look at the Barrett Jackson auctions, the constant coercing and prodding of the bidders by the sales staff and the overly Hollywood environment, make the venue feel like a strange combination of Hollywood and Gitmo!
And they can sell %100+ over the value.

Scottyb1955

Reaction score
I bid on the butterscotch car my max was 30,000 and it didn't hit reserve. It's at a car lot the guy I talked to said they won't take a dime less than 42,000 the way it sits. It's missing parts and still needs things put on it.

KATSAAR

Reaction score
if your the first one to buy it garage fresh you scored.
after 5,6,7, flips it is goin to max out .
just say no to high prices.

MN71RT

Reaction score
Good to know they are increasing in value, I started buying more parts so I can finally get going on restoration, sick to know I could have been driving mine for over 40 years ago but life keeps getting in the way.... 383 mag last started in '83

Back