• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Clutch Slipping

Hubes71

Reaction score
Just looking for some advice. I have a Gen 3 Hemi in my 71 Challenger with a 10.5 clutch and BB pressure plate. The problem I am having is that it will not hold between 2nd and 3rd and 3rd and fourth when I have my foot in it. Everything is new although aftermarket. I thought I may have and oil ingres issue but when I pulled the engine to swap the cam and other upgrades, I found everything to be dry. I'm looking for advice on a clutch set up that will hold 400 hp, but not require two feet to push the pedal in.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Well I would never run a 10.5 inch clutch , they are great for a slant 6 maybe !
Mcleod had a B&B /Long PP which I used a lot , it had better leverage for pedal pressure & I would use an 11" disc usually Kevlar , although Feramic will hold even better , the other option is the McLeod street twin doubling the surface area without increasing pressure .

70chall440

Reaction score
I believe you are a bit limited on a G3 hemi to a 10.5 but I am not sure about that.

Sounds to me like you got the wrong PP, all you have to is to contact some of the manufacturers and tell them what you are doing and what you have and they will tell you what you need. A stock 5.7 makes 375-390 hp stock and they don't have problems with the clutches slipping so I am very confident you can find the right combo without needing to go to the gym and built your leg up to operate it.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
the Gen 3 takes the small block belhousing , the 130 tooth flywheel / 10.95 clutch fits

Back