• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Comments on products or services from AT Racing on Ebay

DTCMMLF

Reaction score
Greetings to all!
And a Merry Christmas to each of you and your families!

(Hope this is the right area (forum) for this question. If not, sysadmin, spank me and set me straight!)

Am breathing life into an engine I purchased some time back. Been pickled for a while. Chrysler TNT 440 (according to the individual I purchased this engine from), date coded 10APR69 on the block. Going into my 72 Challenger. Have Edelbrock Aluminum heads without rockers and found AT Racing online with a cheap set of roller rockers.
I know absolutely NOTHING about this online establishment. Older reviews (prior to hooking up with Ebay, I think) were terrible. Ebays reviews are 97%! Guess Ebay held them to a higher standard.... Maybe????
I am guessing these rockers are from China or Taiwan??? NOTE: I will add here that this engine will be mildly driven to car shows and for cruising only. No racing what so ever! So these parts will not be abused and will not see any hard driving (OK, occasional burnout).
(I know, I can hear the groans from the younger drivers that are fainting at the thought of a dual 4 barreled, roller cam'd 1969 440 just 'crusin' around. Comes with age. Won all the races I needed to, back in the day (Smile))
Back on subject. Any reviews/comments from this community about AT Racing? Their Products? I have ordered and waiting for these items to come in: Cam roller gear setup, no timing chain this trip. Chromed timing cover, with a removable face plate for access to accomdate quick timing changes! (more for show than anything, because its cheap! :{) )
Andi if any in the community are interested, will gladly share good photos from my Nikon of the parts as they come in for all to view???

I have enjoyed, and used a lot of, the information I have obtained from this community in the forums over the years.....

rockers.jpg

DrEamer

Reaction score
I know nothing of this company, but unless I know the brand name that is being sold, or the seller, it's a no go for me most of the time. I would look to Mancini Racing brand rocker arms since they are made by Harland Sharp if you are looking to save a little money on a known product. A few hundred dollars more that you spend now will more then pay for itself then the possible down time down the road.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
And if any in the community are interested, will gladly share good photos from my Nikon of the parts as they come in for all to view???

I have enjoyed, and used a lot of, the information I have obtained from this community in the forums over the years.....

Yes please. We love pictures here! :popcorn:

MerlinsMopars

Reaction score
I used those rockers on a 440 with no issues but had to buy shim packs to set them up properly. Beat the living crap out of that motor. Also tried a set on a small block and that was a "no go". Alignment was horrible and sent them back. Why they worked on the 440 was another story and have no definitive answer. I would suggest comp cams roller rockers if you want to save a little money but still have confidence that they will work. Still will have to shim them but better quality. Good luck with your project!

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I would use the Stainless PRW rockers for not a lot more $$ , I will not use alum rockers on a street build & these are no name ! Of course I will not use the Eddy heads either fyi

DTCMMLF

Reaction score
Greetings one and all!

Appreciate and welcome all the comments from the guru's out there. I have a few pieces to get up and running after having been away from thrashing on MOPARs for a while. Fighting a medical Gift from a tour in Vietnam and fighting HEP C as well, so I have been reading the site and posts, just not participating much. Back now... Looking forward to all your knowledgeable brains.
(I have a 72 Challenger. In a former life, a non numbers matching 340 4spd car. Wife has a 73 340 auto,w/air (go figure). A 73 Duster with a 360 I put in it. a 69 Dart GT with the original 273, auto. And a 42 Dodge pick up that I secure a 241 Hemi for. So, if I live long enough, I will MOPAR poor.)

Decided against the Aluminum roller rockers after some thought and reading some stories on line. Went with the below stainless set instead. Will use real MOPAR shafts .

1609173003519.png

1609173025235.png

Using hydraulic flat tappet cam as the Aluminum heads from that Brock outfit requires them. No biggie. Like I said, this engine will live a pampered life in my 72. Will attempt to make a movie of the initial run up of the 440 on the stand and post somewhere.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Cool let us know how it works out !
I assume these are riding on a bushing against the shaft ?

DTCMMLF

Reaction score
The roller rockers arrived. Poorly made. Look to be cast. Not sure I trust them? May use them on older motor with stock orignal springs. If they break I have excuse to tear down and rebuild 440 #2. They are bushed but not bronze. Looks like plain old metal tubing, reamed to size. 7 out of 8 line up over the stems. Will need to shim that lonesome arm, but extra shims were sent with the package. Photos ( close ups I hope) to follow for all to view.

NoCar340

Reaction score
Speedmaster, AT Racing, PRW... same stuff, different selllers. It's pretty typical of most Chinese imports (made in Taiwan is an upgrade these days), where probably 85% or more of the parts are great for the money, but the others will have variances or problems. I've not had issues with the parts I've gotten from them, although I don't purchase anything of a precision nature from them either. I have a 16:1 manual steering box, B-engine water pump and housing, and an intake manifold. No warning flags on any of it, although I've seen complaints about porous castings. I've also seen that complaint about Edelbrock parts... everyone has a bad day, I guess.

Regarding whether they're cast, that really shouldn't be an issue unless you've seen multiple complaints of breakage. I haven't, but I didn't look for any either. They've got meat where it needs to be. Hell, factory rockers are stamped and pretty soft. If lateral shimming of one arm is the biggest problem you've got, that's actually pretty good. B3 Racing Engines makes custom rocker shaft shims that, based on your measurements, will optimally place the rockers on the valve tips. He also does custom stands that do the same thing, if you've got W-series or early B heads. He says the PRW stainless stuff is actually pretty decent, once it's correctly placed over the valve tip. If you've got some time to kill, his Tech Corner has four articles on rocker geometry that are well worth reading.

oldkimmer

Reaction score
Yes they are Speedmaster. B4 that Pro Comp. Their from Australia originally. Decent product. They had a Black Friday 40% off sale. They sell tons of aluminum heads. I’ve had 10 sets. All very nice. Kim

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I have used a lot of the PRW stainless rockers , never an issue , bronze bushed , yes you have to space them but they send 3x as many shims as you will need .

DTCMMLF

Reaction score
Gentlemen, a question, well, two actually.
One, has anyone replaced their windshield on their Challenger????
Two, if your answer is yes to question one, do you remember the clips you had under the windshield trim?

I ordered some and received the item in the first pic. The package was labelled 70 Challenger.

What is physically on the posts on my 72 (not screwed on and yes screws came with the clips I ordered) is the second photo.

Note, what was sent is listed by Mister G as a 68 to 70 Chrysler. [link to Mr. G's - Mr. G's Enterprises - Auto Fasteners - scroll down to the windshield mount clip, pgs 60-62]
(Hope this site may be of some use to all out there for your projects, if you don't have this link already)

What is actually under my trim is listed as a GM clip 69/71???? Open to ideas...... Different window trim for a 70 versus a 72?

1609893384762.png

1609893450791.png

Attachments

• 60-62wsclip(1).pdf
    3.1 MB · Views: 282

moparlee

Reaction score
Gentlemen, a question, well, two actually.
One, has anyone replaced their windshield on their Challenger????
Two, if your answer is yes to question one, do you remember the clips you had under the windshield trim?

I ordered some and received the item in the first pic. The package was labelled 70 Challenger.

What is physically on the posts on my 72 (not screwed on and yes screws came with the clips I ordered) is the second photo.

Note, what was sent is listed by Mister G as a 68 to 70 Chrysler. [link to Mr. G's - Mr. G's Enterprises - Auto Fasteners - scroll down to the windshield mount clip, pgs 60-62]
(Hope this site may be of some use to all out there for your projects, if you don't have this link already)

What is actually under my trim is listed as a GM clip 69/71???? Open to ideas...... Different window trim for a 70 versus a 72?

View attachment 78647

View attachment 78648
You need to post this in the Body Shop forum. You will get better results.

DTCMMLF

Reaction score
Greetings one and all!

Appreciate and welcome all the comments from the guru's out there. I have a few pieces to get up and running after having been away from thrashing on MOPARs for a while. Fighting a medical Gift from a tour in Vietnam and fighting HEP C as well, so I have been reading the site and posts, just not participating much. Back now... Looking forward to all your knowledgeable brains.
(I have a 72 Challenger. In a former life, a non numbers matching 340 4spd car. Wife has a 73 340 auto,w/air (go figure). A 73 Duster with a 360 I put in it. a 69 Dart GT with the original 273, auto. And a 42 Dodge pick up that I secure a 241 Hemi for. So, if I live long enough, I will MOPAR poor.)

Decided against the Aluminum roller rockers after some thought and reading some stories on line. Went with the below stainless set instead. Will use real MOPAR shafts .

View attachment 78364

View attachment 78365

Using hydraulic flat tappet cam as the Aluminum heads from that Brock outfit requires them. No biggie. Like I said, this engine will live a pampered life in my 72. Will attempt to make a movie of the initial run up of the 440 on the stand and post somewhere.
I stated I would send photos. It was recommended this subject might get better results in the engine section. Same for the windshield clips. Appreciate all the hints, recommendations. I will post to the more relevant sections in the future.
Photos. Note how clean the rockers look in the captured photo from their add than the below rockers that were delivered. Granted, they will be hiding under valve covers, but to me, that is like airbrushing some babe's photo and then you see her in the flesh....
To answer the question of sleeving, yes they are. It looks like 2 sections of stainless pipe that was pressed in and reamed to size. Yep, it will work, but they did not sleeve the rocker all the way thru. So there is a cavity area inside the rocker. Great for oiling and may aid a tad in dissipating some of the oil heat into the rocker shaft??? Otherwise, looks like very little shimming will be required.

Now to the Aluminum set. I did not buy these. I inherited them. And of course after I had already purchased the Stainless set.
Better finishing and love the twin oiling holes, visible in the photo. Weighs a ton less than the stainless. May use the heavier stainless on the other 440 I have, since it will be just a so-so build in my Dart, and I am trying to shed that extra 200 pounds the 440 added to my 72 that had a 340 in it originally...

Attachments

• DSC_0033.JPG
    DSC_0033.JPG
    223 KB · Views: 166
  • DSC_0035.JPG
    DSC_0035.JPG
    200.9 KB · Views: 163
  • DSC_0040.JPG
    DSC_0040.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 173
  • DSC_0041.JPG
    DSC_0041.JPG