• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Converter recommendations?

mbolin05

Reaction score
My car is a basket case project car. The trans that came with it is a 727, rebuilt back to stock form, no modifications or performance enhancements.

And it has no converter with it period.

I do not plan to race it.

It has a mildly built 440, crane hydraulic cam , no crazy lift on it, 10:1 compression, headers, and a 6 pack intake. I believe the rear is 3.82:1...but I could be a bit off there.

What would you recommend?

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
You will want a converter in the 1800-2200 stall range , Cam design / duration specs are the biggest factor in the decision so if you have the specs for the cam that would help as you do not want the converter to lock up below the cam power band .

mbolin05

Reaction score
You will want a converter in the 1800-2200 stall range , Cam design / duration specs are the biggest factor in the decision so if you have the specs for the cam that would help as you do not want the converter to lock up below the cam power band .

It's an older competition cams cam it's an XE 274 H . I believe it's a 274 duration and has a lift of .488.

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
I would go with alittle more like a 2500 converter with that cam.

Back