• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

convertible rear seat frames

Status
Not open for further replies.

tailfins

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
my unassembled 70 convert came with coupe seat frames (which are in good shape, but of no use to me)
anyone have a good pair of frames?
or know if my coupe frames can be easily shortened?
thanks,
I'm in the san jose,cal area

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The bottoms are the same frame with just less foam on the sides for the convertible. You can make a convertible back frame from a hardtop back frame.

tailfins

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks....are there any scehatics of the diffs in the back frames so I could learn how to trim the frame?

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The bottom is the same frame with less foam to make it a little narrower. The back frame is narrower to make room for the top hinges. If it doesn't rain here tomorrow, I'll try to get some pics. I have both loose in my shop.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Couldn't get to them today. It may be a few days now until I can get pics and measurements.

JEJJ

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The bottom is the same frame with less foam to make it a little narrower. The back frame is narrower to make room for the top hinges. If it doesn't rain here tomorrow, I'll try to get some pics. I have both loose in my shop.[/QUOTE

Actually they are both different. The top has provisions for the rear aluminum track the boot slides in. This screws in the back of the top portion of the seat back and the back top is more narrow. With the bottom seat,in the back portion that slides under the top, each corner is rounded inward to enable the seat bottom to slide in fully against the convertible wheel house. This was done to offset the wheel well caps on the convertibles.
You can get a hard top bottom to fit, but it is off alittle when in.

Hope this helps

Last edited:

JEJJ

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
the bottom is the same frame with less foam to make it a little narrower. The back frame is narrower to make room for the top hinges. If it doesn't rain here tomorrow, i'll try to get some pics. I have both loose in my shop.[/quote

actually they are both different. The top has provisions for the rear aluminum track the boot slides in. This screws in the back of the top portion of the seat back and the back top is more narrow. With the bottom seat,in the back portion that slides under the top, each corner is rounded inward to enable the seat bottom to slide in fully against the convertible wheel house. This was done to offset the wheel well caps on the convertibles.
You can get a hard top bottom to fit, but it is off alittle when in.

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back