• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Crager clean up.

burntorange70

Reaction score
Just got me a set of Cragers. They have some rust on them here and there. I was just wondering if there was a way to clean them up and get the rust off? And is there some thing I could put on after I clean them up that will keep them from rusting again?

Thanks for the help.
Russell

100_0112.jpg

StRoKer

Reaction score
nevr dull available at autozone etc....

burntorange70

Reaction score
Thank you Stroker. Will this never dull stuff both clean the wheel and keep this from happening again? Or just one or the other?

StRoKer

Reaction score
like anything you need to keep up with it.....

res1vw21

Reaction score
They could also be too rusty to save in which case you should send them north to me!

PastorTom1

Reaction score
Looks like you have a fair bit of hazing there too........Best cleanup for that is just a piece of 0000 Steel Wool...it won't remove it, but it'll help shine it a bit....it'll work well on the rusted area too, then follow up with the polish........I also put "Ice" liquid polish on last to help keep it water resistant after the fact...let it dry well, and then polish it with a soft cloth...no white residue to stick in the little rust pits....better than wax......gotta stay with it, like the guys said too........Constant care.

Keep 'em out of the rain and dirt, and wipe regularly with a soft dry cloth.....a little windex on a cloth will take off the road haze too without getting the wheel wet. :D

burntorange70

Reaction score
They could also be too rusty to save in which case you should send them north to me!

HA! I like that. Bet you would even let me pay shipping to. LOL

Thanks for the help guys. I will give it a try and see if I can't save them.

res1vw21

Reaction score
HA! I like that. Bet you would even let me pay shipping to. LOL

Thanks for the help guys. I will give it a try and see if I can't save them.

No no I will pay shipping it would only be fair! I also have a nice little thing called a fedex account because my dad works for them.

burntorange70

Reaction score
Thank you for the info all! I am redoing a 72 Demon grill right now but will get to the Cragers after I am done with it. I will put up some pics when I do.

burntorange70

Reaction score
Just wanted to say thanks for the help all. The steel wool did the trick. Going to use some polish next.

100_2912.jpg

100_2913.jpg

Back