• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Cuda fender question

djwhog

Reaction score
Ok I attached a pic, what all models and what does it take to get this fender type on a car? Was this 70-71 or 71 only.

Sorry for so many questions, but I see these on the hemi cuda's and was not sure if it is a entire fender or addon louvers etc. thanks :)

cudafender.JPG

chasduster

Reaction score
ohhh baby That is one nice fender.... i see why you want it on your car...good luck

djwhog

Reaction score
Well i think it is a 71 only fender front what I have read. I am about 50, so back when I was 11 my memory is faded, and so many cars are modded etc. But I think all 71s in high trim has this fender? If anyone knows for sure please post. thanks!

Dave

cuda guy

Reaction score
The gills were only avaliable on the 1971 so it could either be a 1970 with gills cut in.

Buts its a beautyfull fender.

U may also want to check into the AMD.

burdar

Reaction score
As said above...71 only for the gills. Also, if that is a 71 Cuda in your pic, it has the wrong color shaker on it.

Early 1970 Cuda's had argent colored shakers. There were complains of the sun reflecting off of the bubble and blinding drivers. They then went to body colored shaker bubbles and in 71 they went to black.

djwhog

Reaction score
Thanks guys, yep not my car, I think it is a clone hemi car I took a pic of, but I guess on a 70 I could change the fenders right, or does anyone have a link to buy the gills and or have ever done that to a 70?

Myself i prefer a color matched shakrer or the dull black.

Just curious, but i really like that look on the fenders. thanks!
Dave

djwhog

Reaction score
Thanks, do you have a link or contact info please?

cudavert71

Banned
Reaction score
came on 71s only!! cudas not barracudas, would fit on 70 but not correct!!

djwhog

Reaction score
Thanks man, I finally figured that out that it was 71 only, and did not no only cuda and not baracuda... thank you!

cudavert71

Banned
Reaction score
no prob!!! if u have a 70 i wouldnt put them on, it just wouldnt look right! just a thought!! its just 1 of the reasons that the 71s go for so much moore money than the 70,

Last edited:

djwhog

Reaction score
OK so now I just need to get a 71 car so someone here needs to sell me a 71 Cuda!

Back