• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Dana 60 ?

Cudachuck

Reaction score
I got a dana 60 from a ford truck and want to convert it to fit my 71 cuda project. What would i need to do to the outside to make it look correct? Or is it

Montclaire

Reaction score
From what I remember, the Ford units do not have a provision on the case for a pinion snubber. So you’ll have to mount a snubber to the underside of the car. It won’t look stock because it isn’t. But it will work 100% fine.

70chall440

Reaction score
Somewhat depends on what rearend you have. I would assume it is too wide for your car, if so that means you will need to shorten the tubes and get new axles. You will have to move the spring perches and remount new ones in the correct position when you have the rearend set at the right angle (basically install the rear end with the perches loose, get everything lined up and the rearend angle set and then tacked in, then remove it and fully weld the perches).

As noted PU Dana 60's do not have the provision to mount a pinion snubber and you need one, but also as noted you can mount one to the floor of the car.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Actually by the time you remove all of the floating axle flanges on the end of the tubes you will end up too short so I suggest building it to the 67 B body specs & moving the rear springs inward with Dr Diff mounts but you will still likely have to replace the one axle tube to make it wide enough .
, it is possible to use the Ford tapered roller brg with the correct housing ends to retain the tapered brg style which is far superior to the green ball brg type , you can still use the Mopar brakes flanges with this set up .

Back