• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Dash Restoration Help !

Bama-man

Reaction score
I am trying to put the dash back together on my 70 Barracuda only one problem I'm not the one who took it apart so I don't know what's missing. Does anyone know if there is a parts breakdown online somewhere so I can see what and where it is supposed to go. I have service manual, but its not very helpful. I know I need the triangle looking molding that's on the passenger side of the dash frame. I have no idea where to find that.

70chall440

Reaction score
I do know of any single reference for the dash (or most anything else on these cars than perhaps the mechanical side), however there are plenty of threads on various forums with pictures of dashes in various states of assembly or disassembly. I don't know what "triangular molding" you are talking about. I am very familiar with E body dashes and I cannot think of anything on the dash that matches that unless you mean the side moldings like this.

s-l500.jpg

Bama-man

Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback I have that piece. The piece I'm talking about is on the opposite side end cap, also is there a piece that fits under the dash or is that just the dash frame not sure.

70chall440

Reaction score
There is a molding on both sides (drivers and passenger side) of the overall dash frame but there is another one just below the radio.

erightdash_01.jpg

WfV85vJY15B2XT0UBcVadh7GVNqQlHbLe9QKn6dW6-xGeFSdF4ekTBNSOk3QZiBdRz1pqmqtHk6MUvSHCqHGKcQPTCMPIZmaFutP9bVs9aFImh4k4avhoY89pz4oBA

Bama-man

Reaction score
I have both of those pieces, but is there a piece that looks like the first picture for the other end of the dash next to the passenger side door on the end cap of dash or is it just the steel frame showing

Adam

Reaction score
I have both of those pieces, but is there a piece that looks like the first picture for the other end of the dash next to the passenger side door on the end cap of dash or is it just the steel frame showing
No piece near the passenger door that I recall, but some models had a long map light piece that went across the bottom.

Btw, the pieces you have are going to be very brittle with age. Often times the screw will break off the post. Be careful. And maybe tap them for a machine screw instead of using the wood/sheet metal screw.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
The parts manual for ‘70 will be much more helpful then the service manual. I don’t have one for later than ‘69 but I use them far more often then the service manuals for assembly, disassembly and parts id.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Below the glove box light there is a piece.or are talking about the vent controls. that's my guess who's next.
How about a picture where you are talking about?
20210604_201923.jpg

vent control.jpg

terrywalker

Reaction score
Only dash pad and dash frame at far right end.
Terry W.

Attachments

• Dash 1.jpg
    Dash 1.jpg
    976.9 KB · Views: 120

Bama-man

Reaction score
Ok so only molding around the left side of dash and radio area (other than the heat control lever and radio bezel) what happened is I have mixed molding from challenger and cuda and some challenger pics show a piece of molding on that right end of dash. THANKS FOR THE HELP !

rklein71

Reaction score
I believe you are referring to this trim piece, which I believe is for a/c cars

Attachments

• 8419D2AF-D7CB-4F43-AA8A-0D81A6336BC4.jpeg
    8419D2AF-D7CB-4F43-AA8A-0D81A6336BC4.jpeg
    686.7 KB · Views: 129

moparroy

Reaction score
There are some videos on line showing dash assembly - will be doing mine in the next while also.
Nothing on the passenger end I am aware of. I believe (some?) Challengers have dash vents which (my) Cuda does not.

Back