• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

does this mean its not the original motor

llane

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I was in the process of swapping my 318 motor in my 1974 Challenger for a 360 I picked up. Under some grime I found this sticker. The guy I bought the car from said he believed it was the original. The car was missing the fender tags. I don't know if this means that they rebuilt the original or if its a replacement. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

20160206_181226 (1) (1).jpg

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I'm thinking it was repaired under warranty. They either swapped original engine out for that one or repaired the original. Is there vin stamped on the little machined surface above the oil pan rail and below the engine mount on the passenger side?

challenger6pak

Reaction score
There may be a number on the block just below the head on the front passenger side. It is a warranty motor. It could be the original motor that was rebuilt.

RUNCHARGER

Reaction score
Usually in those days you got a rebuilt exchange engine. You pulled your original engine, swapped in the rebuilt and then took your original engine back to the vendor to get your core charge back.

Sheldon

llane

Reaction score
That's what I'm thinking. I don't think it's the original so no point of it taking up space in the garage. I'm going to try out the new motor and just sell this one.
Thanks to all for your help.

Back