• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Door mirror question.

MerlinsMopars

Reaction score
I don't know all the specs on the door mirrors but it looks like the 70 mirrors are a little smaller than the 71 up. Im looking at the chrome bullet pair for my 71 challenger and cannot find a pair anywhere but year one and they want 3x more than any other company. I have some ordered at jegs and they have no idea when they will ship.

Also I seen a set of 73-74 b body ones and wonder what the difference is there.
Any thoughts are appreciated. I do want a stock look and perfer the chrome since the car will be black.

Rapidfire

Reaction score
As far as the mirrors on e bodies go, they should be the same except on the 70 the base is a little shorter but the screw holes are the same distance. Wouldn't think b body mirror would be correct but might bolt on. Another member hopefully will give their opinion as well.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Check with Roseville Moparts , they should have them .
The 70 especially the right side is very different from other years , B & A bodies use a different base

MerlinsMopars

Reaction score
Check with Roseville Moparts , they should have them .
The 70 especially the right side is very different from other years , B & A bodies use a different base
They are out of stock also. 70 is available but I need 71-74 e body. Thanks for your reply tho.

MerlinsMopars

Reaction score
Did you try PG Classics in Nova Scotia ?
I did just look there. Im gonna call em next week to make sure they are in stock. Looks like they might have em. Lil more expensive but it would be nice. Dantes has em but almost 600$ for both. Thats way overpriced.

AUSTA

Reaction score
Its strange you cannot get the chrome ones as all the ones with primer I have bought have chrome underneath they scour it a bit to make the primer stick I prefer my own primer.

Rons340

Reaction score
I did just look there. Im gonna call em next week to make sure they are in stock. Looks like they might have em. Lil more expensive but it would be nice. Dantes has em but almost 600$ for both. Thats way overpriced.
The '70 mirrors (at least the painted sport mirrors) are absolutely different that the '71 thru '74. You can't go wrong with PG Classics though if they have them. I have been doing business with them for over 20 years. Very good quality parts and super fast shipping. Peter Gee, the owner is a great guy! That's always a plus.

Last edited:

70Hardtop

Reaction score
The '70 mirrors (at least the painted sport mirrors) are absolutely different than the '71 thru '74. You can't go wrong with PG Classics though if they have them. I have been doing business with them for over 20 years. Very good quality parts and super fast shipping. Peter Gee, the owner is a great guy! That's always a plus.

I refuse to buy PG stuff because it's all made in China. As well, it's over-priced chinese. I know I would sound a bit gnarly and stubborn, but I would rather put worn / used but presentable OEM stuff that's made in USA or Canada 50 years ago on my car. Or new items Made in USA or even Mexico. I had a new windscreen put on my car some years ago but had to bite the bullet on that - made in China! Had no other choice being in Australia.

As for the differences in mirrors, I have a B body Rallye mirror, and the profile is almost identical to 71-74 but the base is slightly different and had 3 mounting studs, whereas the E bodies had only 2. (See pics) Also remember that the 70 Rallye mirrors (Challenger) were asymmetrical - the passenger side was a quite different shape to the driver's whereas the 71-74 they were symmetrical. In fact the 70 Challengers had quite a few one year only differences compared to 71-74. Not going to list them but it's quite interesting and IMO makes them a little more desirable than the others for that uniqueness.

2.jpg

71-79B Body Remote mirror (4).JPG

71-79B Body Remote mirror (6).JPG

71-79B Body Remote mirror.JPG

Last edited:
Back