• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

door rods

Cratos

Reaction score
I could use photos on the door locking rods. body shop did not install them photos and short explanations would help cant figure out how to run the inside one window reg parts in the way.

Rapidfire

Reaction score
This might help

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Cratos

Reaction score
cool so it dose not go to the inside of the rear part of the window reg?

thanks :) one guy said it passed in-between the door and reg this makes me feel muchhhhhh better
is the arm off the inside lock pointed up or down? where it hooks up.

Rapidfire

Reaction score
It should be pointed up. Remember the door rods and lock rods are left and right specific! A mirror image of each other. As I remember a 70 challenger cannot be locked from the inside with the door open then closed, it will not stay locked. So don't think anything is broken when you try it out. Here are a couple more pics.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Cratos

Reaction score
dose the door latch one drop in from the top or bottom. on the inside opening handle.

Cratos

Reaction score
the rods look like they have to go between the door and rear part of the regulator mount? on my 70.or they try to bid up

Rapidfire

Reaction score
They are real close to each other at the top. I had to tweak my rods just a little to make them work. Sometimes the rods get bent when removed!

Back