• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

door window alignment

Flchallenger

Reaction score
I have read the manuel looked at the pics and still can't heads or tails out of what to adjust. Any advice on trying to align the door windows? Can't find anything Youtube either. I am hopping someone has some advice.

Flchallenger

Reaction score
Yes. I had the top bolt on front rail fall out and had to get a window company to get it out and put it back in. They loosened it up and moved it over enough to get the bolt and put it back in. They didn't know how to line the window up afterward. They didn't charge me anything so hard to get mad. It was adjusted before and aligned well, but now it looks like just needs to tilt forward , but I am sure there is sequence to this.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Parallelism and Primary Seal
(1) Raise window completely.
(2) Loosen screw at belt on upper end of front
track.
(3) Align and set front edge of glass to “A” pillar
and top edge to roof rail weatherstrip creating a
parallelism with weatherstrip locating bead.
(4) Secure upper
In-Out and Secondary Seal
port.
(5) Loosen bottom screws on front track lower sup-
(6) Loosen bottom screw on rear track support.
Push front track lower support. Outboard for inboard
contact at weatherstrip. Allow rear track to create it’s
own plane, parallel to front track.
(7) Secure previously loosened front track lower
support screws.
(8) Secure rear track lower support screws.
(9) Secure front track lower support screws.
If additional alignment to ”A” pillar or roof rail is
necessary, adjust regulator idler arm pivot
rail is
necessary, adjust regulator idler arm pivot bracket
up or down as required and secure.
(10) Secure regulator arm pivot guide to panel. ////////The long and short of this is.!Door hinges good? door gap aliened to quarter panel. and 1/4 window up and back, not to hit door glass on closing! can fine tune rear later. have track loose at all points,Not falling apart! move forward and up to seal. until satisfied. Idea is to have the 2 vertical track parallel when done and leaning in or out the same. bottom track adjustment when moved have a lager range and effect of movement top not as much. You have to study the components to know what each and ever function is.

challenger window fr.png

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Thanks this will help. I am just scared to miss with it thinking I will make it worse. Fear of breaking it.
Be more scrad
Thanks this will help. I am just scared to miss with it thinking I will make it worse. Fear of breaking it.
Be more scared that it not being lined up of breaking it! Been there done that! Be sure when done the stops, stop it from going to far up.

Flchallenger

Reaction score
The parrallel bar is hitting the bottom of the felt window guide. I need it to come up a 1/8 to 3/8"s This felt guide looks a little different than the one at the rear of the door. Could they be in the wrong place?

Attachments

• Bar and felt guide resized.jpg
    Bar and felt guide resized.jpg
    302.6 KB · Views: 99

Flchallenger

Reaction score
I got it done. Loosened everything took felt guides out and just kinda pulled up on it in the direction I needed to close the door real lightly and it lined up. So tightened up and it works great.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Good job! Experience is worth volumes. A little self control goes along way!The one bolt in the picture looks in the whole way.It should be against the glass to help with rattle. Don't forget the up stop! maybe you already did it.

Back