• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Douchebag alert!

Status
Not open for further replies.

1971 Gran Coupe

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have attempted to report items to ebay, and honestly, unless you take the time to call them up and let them know about the item and that you will be sending a CC to the feds, they can care less. They might lose a sale and the extortion fees. Just did one a couple weeks ago, and it was pulled within the hour. :eek:

quapman

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're only going to delete the auction if something there is illegal. Selling a dash frame or pad with a VIN is not. Selling a VIN tag by itself is another story.

wannadrag29

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well there is the idea of perception.
What is the value of a rotted out dash hull?
Definitely not 2500 bucks.
imagine what was left of the car if the dash frame looks this bad.
That and the fact that they are describing what the car was(or could be again) is criminal.
If he sold the dash frame with the vin blurred out or without the tag it would be a different story.
The seller even suggests that shipping will be lower if you only need a section, Yeah all I need is the lower right hand corner please, because I'm going to graft a section that rotted on my car... for 2500 bucks.
They are selling the tag only, it is implied if you read it. EBay is walking the line hoping for their piece of the pie. Both are shady AF.

quapman

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shady, yes. Criminal? Depends on the state or the slickness of your lawyer.

We've been discussing this for a few weeks now and I'm sure it's a topic on other boards as well. And the big point is that he still has it and probably will for a long time, at least at that price.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Let's hope quapman, that's why I posted it up in the first place. One of the things I like about the Mopar community is that it's relatively tight.

wannadrag29

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shady, yes. Criminal? Depends on the state or the slickness of your lawyer.

We've been discussing this for a few weeks now and I'm sure it's a topic on other boards as well. And the big point is that he still has it and probably will for a long time, at least at that price.
Agreed.

wannadrag29

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Auction ended April 17th says it SOLD!
Proves the old adage that there is a sucker born every minute.
Sucker or crook. TBD.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Listed as sold for $2800. Unbelievable
Dino2 (1).gif

wannadrag29

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In Ca as long as its not on non operation or in the computer you just file a lost paperwork form and have it vin verified by a cop or CHP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back