• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

E and B body brakes ?

moparmaniac10

Reaction score
Are the spindles, rotors, and calipers the same on a E body as a B body? I have a complete disc brake setup off a 73 challenger and need to know if I can use it on my 67 Belvedere?

71solo2challenger

Reaction score
The 73/74 E-body stuff is the same as the 73-76 A-body stuff. (so your brake stuff will have to be sourced from those). The 67 would have had a different disc setup than the 74 Challenger (and more expensive, too)

The spindle is the same height as the 67 Belvedere which keeps the same suspension geometry (best scenario)

check here: http://www.moparaction.com/Tech/archive/disc-main.html

you may have to swap sides on the spindles and run the calipers to the rear if you've got a front sway bar. (another good idea). But you'll need unique brake hoses (see the link above)

moparmaniac10

Reaction score
Well I read over that article and got a little confused. Here are some of the parts that I have available to do this swap. I have a complete SBP disc setup for an a-body, a 73 E-body k frame and sway bar, a 71 E-body k frame and lower control arms (without sway bar tabs) on a drum brake car, and a complete 73 E-body disc brake setup. I am not sure if my belvedere has a sway bar, won't know until tomorrow. So would it be better to use the 73 E-body brake setup on my 70 duster to go to the BBP and just go out and find a brake setup specific to the 67 B-bodies? I don't really want to use the SBP A-body disc stuff on the belvedere? Need a little direction here, I am used to just buying the right parts for a car, not using parts from a different car.

71solo2challenger

Reaction score
I would use the 73 Challenger setup as its a cheap, reliable, and common brake setup. (the same basic parts were used up to 1989!). Don't use the SBP brake setup on anything. Sell it to make some $$$ to spend on consumables. Don't change the K on the Belvedere either. E-bodies have a different steering box angle, AND its work you don't need to do. If you don't have sway bar, just use those sway bar LCAs. The tabs may come in handy. You can't use the 71 sway bar on your 66 K.

Finally, get another A/E setup (or B/F/J/M/R taller spindle) brake setup for your Duster! You'll probably still have change leftover after you sell off all your excess stuff!

Back