• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Front disc brake caliper hardware kit

Ronbo73

Reaction score
I'm installing my Kelsey Hayes floating (pin type) front disc brake calipers and I noticed that my pins are slightly worn in the spots where the disc brake pads touch. I was looking for some new pins and I saw a disc brake hardware kit on Classic Industries. They show the kit only for 1972 B&E bodies. The kit also has extra parts that were not on my car when I removed the disc brakes and the 1973 FSM does not show the parts being used on a 1973 either.

Can I use the parts as intended for a 1972, aren't the brakes the same or should I just buy new pins? Does anyone know where to get the pins only? I've been looking around but not every site uses the same words which makes it harder to find. Thanks for your help

Mr Cuda

Reaction score
You can use any year of B+E pins. The 1970 pins are different in the size of the hex head. If memory serves, they were 7/16" and got upsized to prevent rounding.
I can update with a picture later.

Steve340

Reaction score
I think in 1973 they went to the slider calliper. Earlier was the pin type.
I got a kit from Mega Parts it was fine.

Ronbo73

Reaction score
@Chryco Psycho Thank you for the information, I have gone to Rock Auto and saved them for a possible future purchase.
@Mr Cuda Thank you for your response.
@Steve340 Do you know the part number or what they call the pins on Mega Parts? I've tried looking there with no luck.

Steve340

Reaction score
I cannot remember the exact part number but I purchased a whole kit to get the rubber bushes and pins etc.
I think the kit I bought was about $160 when I got it.
I do remember something about there being 2 lengths of pins so watch out for that.
I went to Mega Parts site : hover/click on
Wheels/Brakes/Rear Axle
Brake Callipers/Rebuild Kits

Back