• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

E-body Defroster

Nicuda

Reaction score
Has any-body ever heard of a Defroster Speaker Re-Locator Adapter ?
Supposedly works with the rear defroster and a speaker

123.jpg

5258.jpg

Last edited:

DetMatt1

Reaction score
No and I am not sure that I understand how that would work from the looks of that piece.

ramenth

Reaction score
No and I am not sure that I understand how that would work from the looks of that piece.

Exactly. Which one do you use the hole for, the defroster or the speaker? I'm not sure how the ones in the E-bods might mount, but the rear defrost for the A-bods (I'm assuming they might be the same) actually mount in where the speaker does, not just filling the hole, but filling the space, too.

Nicuda

Reaction score
Added another pic which shows the other side. I quess the speaker and the defroster would mount to the bottom and the unit would mount to the rear deck. It's being sold on E-bay. I've never heard or seen anything like this and cant find anyone who has. It makes sense the way it's built.
Time to breakout the metal and welder and start trying to build one. The shipping on this is $25 - way over the top

Last edited:

arrow105

Reaction score
rear defogger

I have a b&w photo of one installed in a vehicle if you are interested

arrow105

Reaction score
Rear defogger

Regarding the photo , it is copy righted so I will not be able to post it, However this is an item that was installed on vehicles ordered with the rear defogger and rear speakers option. It allowed the defogger motor and the passenger side rear speaker to be mounted using the same speaker cutout for cold air for the blower and sound for the speaker. The photo you posted is missing a bracket or 2

Back