• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Early 70's Dealer Ad for 1970 Challenger RT SE 440-6

340challconvert

Reaction score
How does $3995 sound for used 440-6 pack Challenger for sale back in the early 70's with only 5k miles?
Challenger RT SE Ad used.jpg

Dino2 (1).gif

340challconvert

Reaction score
Looked up the dealership on Maxwedge.com
They have a very cool list of current or defunct Mopar dealerships throughout the US
Looks like the company was City Motors Car Company selling Dodge and Chrysler cars in Spartanburg, South Carolina.
Wonder if the car still exists?
A beige Challenger RT/SE 440-6 car w a 4sp would be a rarity at 135 made.
Dino2 (1).gif

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Interesting. In 1984 I lived in Greenville, South Carolina; one town over from Spartanburg. I bought a Challenger that matches the decscription 100%. It most likely was the same car. Beige is unusual. The car went with me to Virginia. After me it changed hands a couple of times and ended up with Ed Wilson in Lynchburg Va. Ed sold heavily with The Mopars Collectors Guide before internet advertising became popular. I have no idea what happened to the car.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Interesting. In 1984 I lived in Greenville, South Carolina; one town over from Spartanburg. I bought a Challenger that matches the decscription 100%. It most likely was the same car. Beige is unusual. The car went with me to Virginia. After me it changed hands a couple of times and ended up with Ed Wilson in Lynchburg Va. Ed sold heavily with The Mopars Collectors Guide before internet advertising became popular. I have no idea what happened to the car.
Great story
Due to the rarity and color -high likely hood it was your car!
Dino2 (1).gif

challenger6pak

Reaction score
I was just showing this post to a friend and noticed the ad was wrong. It had a leather interior; not vinyl. The ad guy blew it on that one. Also I remember the power windows being a pain to use with the door closed. I had to lean toward the console and use them by feel. They sit right at your thigh.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Yes, you are right; the SE would have been leather,
and "tach" short for tachometer was spelled wrong.
Whoever wrote the ad copy was not a car aficionado and did not know the cars or the business!
Dino2 (1).gif

Back