• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Edelbrock Pro-Flo for small block

Reaction score
I'm building a 318 with ported heads. I found the
Edelbrock Pro-Flo 4 EFI Traditional 4150-Style #35900 Chrysler Small-Block 318-360 C.I.D.
Has an one installed this system or know of pros or cons?

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Why not use the Sniper from Holley , they are used in NHRA & at least have to be reliable .

Reaction score
I have looked at Sniper. The Edelbrock includes multiport injection, the intake, and the distributor for several hundred $ less. Are you aware of anyone using it?

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
No I am not , Yes multi port is an advantage , I used a predrilled intake & Used an SDSEFI computer system when I built a system for a customer .

DrEamer

Reaction score
I looked hard at the Pro Flo 4 and my big concern is that Edelbrock uses the Super Victor intake. I don't care what they say, you are loosing low end torque with a big single plane intake. The EFI will give good throttle response, but on something like a mild 318 that does not have a lot of torque to give up in the first place, it would be not my first choice. Also, they want you to use their pump instead of an in tank unit, so another thing I did not like.

Adam

Reaction score
I thought a single plane gives up torque because of the slower air velocity thru larger passages hurts fuel atomization at lower speeds; is this correct? If so there would be no effect on multiport injection; or I could be mistaken. 😆

DrEamer

Reaction score
I thought a single plane gives up torque because of the slower air velocity thru larger passages hurts fuel atomization at lower speeds; is this correct? If so there would be no effect on multiport injection; or I could be mistaken. 😆
Maybe I've watched too much Engine Masters, and am just an internet wizard now. :lol: Honestly, I have seen where they use multiport and do nothing but change the runner length, and the shorter runner give up torque. The physics of the air speed in single vs duel plane and torque curves does not change because of the use of MPI. It is about the shape of the intake itself, as well as runner length combined. As I said, throttle response is better because of better atomization. Now, an interesting effort to get both the advantage of both short and long runners is Mopar's SRV (Short Runner Valve) intakes on newer Hemi's. They use the longer runners at low RPM's, then switch to a set of short one at the top end. It's pretty ingenios actually. You may know all this, but I thought some may not.

Heywodja

Reaction score
I just ordered one for my 408. I am looking forward to using it, my car is a street car and I am looking for some reliability at the sake of a couple of xtra ponies.. My builder is port matching the manifold for me , out of the box it is a little small.

Reaction score
I just ordered one for my 408. I am looking forward to using it, my car is a street car and I am looking for some reliability at the sake of a couple of xtra ponies.. My builder is port matching the manifold for me , out of the box it is a little small.
Please let me know how it works

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I know dry intakes respond very differently to wet intakes , I did a 440 with multiport EFI on a victor intake ,, initially I broke the engine in on the carb & once I knew the engine was good & switched to EFI with the same intake , , it had a 660 lift roller cam Victor heads & intake & with the EFI it idled perfectly , all cylinders firing , ran fine at 800 rpm , it was nothing like that with the carb .
I believe you would be fine & very surprised at how well it would run with the Victor intake & multiport efi .

Heywodja

Reaction score
Please let me know how it works

Will do

I know dry intakes respond very differently to wet intakes , I did a 440 with multiport EFI on a victor intake ,, initially I broke the engine in on the carb & once I knew the engine was good & switched to EFI with the same intake , , it had a 660 lift roller cam Victor heads & intake & with the EFI it idled perfectly , all cylinders firing , ran fine at 800 rpm , it was nothing like that with the carb .
I believe you would be fine & very surprised at how well it would run with the Victor intake & multiport efi .

That is my plan too

Back