• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Electrical improvements

Sebastian

Reaction score
I want to improve my electrical system with a couple of relais mods, LEDs and the MAD build.
Last sunday i nearly had a cable fire under the dash after the ammeter jumped around like crazy while my turn signal was flashing.
Luckily i saw the smoke comming out early enough to react.

I am not an expert with electrical stuff and i think buying plug n play harnesses will end up in much more reliable results than (my) DIY.

I saw that relais kit on Classic Industries:
1930-2007 Dodge Challenger Parts | MX01132 | H4 - 2 Headlamp System Wiring Upgrade Set | Classic Industries
From my understanding i need two of these kits - one for low beam one for high beam.
Correct?

Does anyone know If there is any ready-made MAD harness available anywhere?

72RoadRunnerGTX

Reaction score
Check with user Crackedback over on FBBO, I believe he markets an ammeter by-pass kit for those less electrically inclined. Headlamp relay kits as well, separate issues BTW. In the meantime, make sure the ammeter connections are tight and the mounting insulators are intact, main cause of heat issues at the ammeter.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Sebastian
There have been a number of great articles on by-passing the amp gauge and or modifying the wiring so that fires do not destroy our cars. This was a weak spot, especially in the bulk head area.

With some simple modifications, you could bypass the amp gauge and even install a volt gauge in it's place.
It could be less expensive to modify if your original harness is in good condition and less work.
Read this article by Mark Hamilton; it may help you to decide on what to do.
Many FEBO members have looked at this option.
Best of luck with what you decide to do.

Catalog

Dino2 (1).gif

Back